Thread: Sending co an email for update while having a immigration advisor working for you!!??

Question Sending co an email for update while having a immigration advisor working for you!!??

Hi JandM and chrismwn,,,,
    First of all thank you so much for going extra mile to help people in really tough situations
    I have a question to ask (I know I'm thinking too much about it)
    To explain my situation a bit
    I have a immigration advisor working for me ,,, I lodged my application on 03/08/16 and got my file allocated on 19/11/16, he done employer questionarrie and asked for all verification stuff on same day of allocation, we replied back on 24nov. Then I received another mail on 19/12 and we replied back on 20/12.
    And after that just got confirmation from him that he has received those docs and will add onto my file.....
    And then we didn't received anything. On the day of allocation he suggested us that it's likely that he will finalise the decision within 12 weeks and on 11/02 it will be exactly 12 weeks and called inz they said my application is still under process.... "He might be waiting for some kind of verification to be done or waiting for some kind of documents before he can proceed further "!!!
    My question is when I asked my lawyer to ask for an update all she did was instead of sending an email to co or calling him she called help desk and got the same reply that it's under process...... after reading so many threads from here all information I could gather was that the clerks don't get the latest info until the co adds it on screen,
    WILL IT BE ALRIGHT IF I SEND HIM AN EMAIL AFTER COMPLETING 12WEEKS TIME ??? AS MY LAWYER SAID TO ME THAT IF WE SEND CO AN EMAIL FOR UPDATES, THEY WILL TAKE US AS SUSPICIOUS THAT WILL MAKE OUR LIFE MISERABLE WHICH WE DONT WANT TO HAPPEN???
    Is that true??? And even she told me that she is not going to send any email or call him for any updates AT ALL!!!
    All she wants is to wait and hear from him
    IS THAT TRUE GUYS??? IM VERY WELL AWARE THAT SMC ON THESE DAYS ARE TAKING 6/9 months till eventually but is there a HARM asking co for an update even for once??? And that's even after passing the given timeframe???
    YOUR RESPONSE IS MUCH APPRECIATED
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP
    Last edited by Jayse3627; 1st February 2017 at 08:56 PM.

When INZ state an estimated time, it is always just a rough guess, NEVER a promise. It is a public relations thing, trying to keep applicants a bit happy (because they would never be entirely happy unless they had their visa one minute after they applied for it - that's human nature when something matters a lot to a person and they are anxious). You CANNOT rely on the "12 weeks" guess being exactly accurate. Your adviser knows this perfectly well, and is trying to stop you making yourself (and her as your professional representative) look silly. If you were queueing in the post shop, waiting for all the people standing in line in front of you to conduct their business with the person at the counter, you would not keep calling out, 'Is it my turn yet?' Every time you did that, it would interrupt and distract, and make it LONGER till you could get attention.

And yes, there IS harm to be done by pressing for answers (which will come to you AS SOON AS they are available, WITHOUT bringing any pressure to bear) - harm to other people in the line as well as yourself, possibly. INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Every minute you take the CO's attention with an unjustified email, even if they don't answer, is a minute not spent on someone's case, maybe your own.

Be guided by your adviser.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    When INZ state an estimated time, it is always just a rough guess, NEVER a promise. It is a public relations thing, trying to keep applicants a bit happy (because they would never be entirely happy unless they had their visa one minute after they applied for it - that's human nature when something matters a lot to a person and they are anxious). You CANNOT rely on the "12 weeks" guess being exactly accurate. Your adviser knows this perfectly well, and is trying to stop you making yourself (and her as your professional representative) look silly. If you were queueing in the post shop, waiting for all the people standing in line in front of you to conduct their business with the person at the counter, you would not keep calling out, 'Is it my turn yet?' Every time you did that, it would interrupt and distract, and make it LONGER till you could get attention.

And yes, there IS harm to be done by pressing for answers (which will come to you AS SOON AS they are available, WITHOUT bringing any pressure to bear) - harm to other people in the line as well as yourself, possibly. INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Every minute you take the CO's attention with an unjustified email, even if they don't answer, is a minute not spent on someone's case, maybe your own.

Patience is required. Either you trust your Adviser, or you don't. Deal with them, and not INZ and express any concerns you have. That's what you paid for!

Well Said as usual

Hi Jayse3627
    I can understand ur situation very well.
    I would like to suggest you...just stay calm and enjoy your life...forget about any mails from CO about 12 weeks...
    At the end, one day decision will be out and it will be positive...stop thinking about it and try to see other things around u bro
    All the best

Thank you so much for the detailed reply JandM,,,, I will just wait patiently and let the things work by it's own....
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post

Patience is required. Either you trust your Adviser, or you don't. Deal with them, and not INZ and express any concerns you have. That's what you paid for!
    Absolutely Chris,
    Thanks so much for your kind reply

Quote Originally Posted by pinchu143 View Post
    Hi Jayse3627
    I can understand ur situation very well.
    I would like to suggest you...just stay calm and enjoy your life...forget about any mails from CO about 12 weeks...
    At the end, one day decision will be out and it will be positive...stop thinking about it and try to see other things around u bro
    All the best
    True pinchu.... can't do much rather than waiting..... all good bro I will add on some more patience