Thread: ESW Visa- Complex situation, unreasonable employer

Unhappy ESW Visa- Complex situation, unreasonable employer

Hi Guys,
    I'm in a bit of a complicated situation here. I'm assuming I'll have to consult a lawyer/immigration adviser but I thought I'd ask here first.
    I've been on an Essential skills visa for almost a year now, I have recently started a course which will eventually enable me to apply for a residency in about a year.
    Recently I've been going through multiple panic attacks and nervous breakdowns brought on by the environment I work in, and I simply cannot take it anymore. There's no similar job positions in the area, and changing area would require applying for a whole new Visa (which is too much of a risk to take). There are several employment laws being broken by the workplace and it might have a few pending lawsuits (or whatever the equivalent is in this country) against it's practices from past employees. As a holder of a key role in the company I'm feeling like if the company goes down- I'll go down with it. Although I am nothing but a tool and have no actual authority but merely representing the company.
    For someone who just paid money to start studies, can't change job and in an uncertain situation with the current job, I really don't know what options I have to peacefully finish my studies (which must be done on-job) get my residency and forget about the whole experience.

I understand it may be beyond this forum members ability to help with such a complex issue, but any advice (even a recommended immigration lawyer) would be hugely appreciated.

Sound more like you need employment advice, rather than an immigration adviser?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Sound more like you need employment advice, rather than an immigration adviser?
    Unfortunately my employment is directly connected with Immigration. If I were a resident able to move to any other job, I'd do it in a heart beat. As someone who's life depends on this job, I won't do anything about it before ensuring it doesn't hurt my immigration status.

There's nothing I can suggest that you haven't already thought of yourself. I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear that you're going through a bad time, and how I hope things improve for you in some way very soon.

JandM - I appreciate the thought.