Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work Visa Processing Time

Default Work Visa Processing Time

Hi there,

I would like to know how long does it take for the Work Visa to be approved ? Also, why is the original passport needed for the process ? Is it required to put a visa sticker on it ? Tks.

When I've googled before, seems official processing times are not hard to find. Have a look because not always fair to ask before checking yourself. Check where your applicaiton will be processed as it sounds like that makes a difference.

As for why your passport is needed, I imagine it is because they can cross-check your info against what they find in your passport, such as the visas they see there.
    Last edited by Asteger; 21st June 2016 at 11:55 PM.

Since the INZ website was updated, the individual pages from different branches about their processing times which there used to be have all disappeared, and this https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...sa-application is all that is now available.

Hi Piano,

I have lodged my work visa application on 8th July 2016. It was approved today. so for me it took 2 weeks to process at Henderson branch but it depends on case to case. My residency application is still pending after 11 months.

Wish you best luck with your application.

Quote Originally Posted by Tax Accountant View Post
    Hi Piano,

I have lodged my work visa application on 8th July 2016. It was approved today. so for me it took 2 weeks to process at Henderson branch but it depends on case to case. My residency application is still pending after 11 months.

Wish you best luck with your application.
    You are lucky it took only 2 weeks!

My Post-Study Employee Assisted work visa is on its 19th working days (28th days) being processed in Manukau office (submitted online). The case officer told me (and my employee) the result is pending for NZ Police Clearance, otherwise everything else is fine.

I am currently force to take leave this week due to my last Post-Study work visa open has expired last Friday

The contact centre says it is within the processing period of 23 working days for online applications, so not much they can do at this stage.

Hi Tax Accountant,

Do you mean 8 Jun 2016 instead of 8 Jul 2016 ? Wow ! Congratulations for the approval received today ! So, you must be preparing to move to NZ for this new job ! How exciting ! Can I check if you submit it online or manual ? Do you need to submit your original passport to INZ ? Is yours a SMC application ?

Thanks.

Tks JandM for the weblink.

Hope you get it soon

On the INZ Statistics section there are data files which can provide an indication of processing times, but they are not nearly as useful (or as easy to read) as the old per-branch page.

As far as I can decipher the read out, in May 2016, work visas took just less than 16 days if Approved, and 33 days for those that are declined.

Thank you. Do you know why original passport is needed too ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast