Thread: How long will a post study work visa employer assisted be approved recently?

Default How long will a post study work visa employer assisted be approved recently?

Hi guys,

I know I may be a little bit nervous now, because I really need the visa approved asap to apply for other visas for my family. Their visas as well as mine will expire after three weeks.

I have been told this kind of visa is very easy to apply for because it is based on NZ qualification which is easy to be verified, especially when I am holding a post study work visa open, so it usually only takes 3-7 days to be approved. However, I submitted my application online 16 days ago, got an automated email that informs me my application is received 14 days ago. After that, I haven't received any update until now.

So, does anyone have recent experience on how long a post study work visa employer assisted will be approved? Any reply will be appreciated.

BTW, 4 days after I received the first automated email, I received the second automated email that has the exact same contents with the first one except the sending date. Is it normal?

Thanks

Simply, longer than you've been told, and longer that 'your friends" took.

My experience has been that all temporary visa applications are close to, or longer then the 25 working days often quoted by INZ, so if your expectation is more than a month you wont get too anxious.
    if you (and your family) have applied for new visas before their current ones expire, you'll receive an interim visa.

having lodged the application there is nothing you can do to make the process go any quicker.

Thank you for reply!

I know an interim visa will be given if we have applied for new ones before the current ones expire, but the situation is: my family cannot apply for new visa until my visa is approved. I mean they will apply for visa under partnership.
    Is it okay if they apply for new visa when my visa is still in the process? I don't think so....

Of course I know they can apply for visitor visa if the expiry date is too close, but I don't want to do so, you know, wasting money....

You cant apply online for a partnership based visa. You can though lodge a paper based application and ask that it be linked to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    You cant apply online for a partnership based visa. You can though lodge a paper based application and ask that it be linked to yours.
    Oh, that will be nice, thank you Chris!

Just to make it extra clear, when you link the family's applications to your ongoing one with a covering letter, INZ will supply the information you don't know yet (including your visa number) when it becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Just to make it extra clear, when you link the family's applications to your ongoing one with a covering letter, INZ will supply the information you don't know yet (including your visa number) when it becomes available.
    Oh, thank you for letting me know that, it is very helpful.

Hi guys

I have a new question for you all:
    After calling INZ call centre, I am told that my application is still waiting for a visa officer to process after submitting over 3 weeks, which lets me realize that I may not get my new work visa on time.

My current post study work visa (open) will expire within two weeks, and according to an INZ officer, although an interim visa will be given to me, it will not allow me to work full time due to the different types of visas, which means that I have to stop my current work. I don't wanna let it happen because my boss will be very unhappy for that. It may cause I lose my job as well.

So what can I do to make my application processing more quickly? for both assigning an VO and processing I would like to do anything for making it happen.

I am confused, because one of my classmates just received his new work visa yesterday, after 5 days he submitted online. Same qualification, same city, same type of work visa, why he got his earlier than me? I mean usually INZ should process applications based on the submitted time, right?

Thanks.

Default Has your problem been solved? Thank you.

Hi John, I am wondering if your problem is solved, because I applied online as well. And how did you communicate with your employer about this issue? Thank you. Hope you case have already been processed.
    Quote Originally Posted by john696 View Post
    Hi guys

I have a new question for you all:
    After calling INZ call centre, I am told that my application is still waiting for a visa officer to process after submitting over 3 weeks, which lets me realize that I may not get my new work visa on time.

My current post study work visa (open) will expire within two weeks, and according to an INZ officer, although an interim visa will be given to me, it will not allow me to work full time due to the different types of visas, which means that I have to stop my current work. I don't wanna let it happen because my boss will be very unhappy for that. It may cause I lose my job as well.

So what can I do to make my application processing more quickly? for both assigning an VO and processing I would like to do anything for making it happen.

I am confused, because one of my classmates just received his new work visa yesterday, after 5 days he submitted online. Same qualification, same city, same type of work visa, why he got his earlier than me? I mean usually INZ should process applications based on the submitted time, right?

Thanks.