Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Immigration medical with grading b

@sunny_singh305 They can pull the information up if they want but they probably won't because they would only care about the eMedical reference number you submitted with your application.

They didn't ask about the previous medical.

Here's a sample timeline (changed the exact dates to maintain privacy; for illustration purposes only)
    1/9/16 - first medical - AAA clinic
    7/9/16 - second medical - BBB clinic
    15/9/16 - submitted visa application with most recent (7/9/16) medical

It was expensive and it served a lesson well (go to a more reputable clinic!). It was worth it in the end.

The second clinic's practise was they would keep on repeating tests until everything is reasonably normal before they would upload to eMedical. You have to pay multiple times for the tests of course. Not sure THOUGH if this was in compliance with INZ panel physician standards... but at least it lessens the burden to the HAT. Every B grading medical, I believe, gets sent to HAT even if the test report can be easily explained and is not that of a big issue (e.g. might have had flu couple weeks before so elevated WBC). Bad thing about eMedical is if you don't fit within the suggested ranges multiple times then B grading!

Of course if you have underlying conditions then it would be harder to have normal results and the clinic would proceed to upload + related reports from GP.
    Last edited by allune; 3rd February 2017 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allune View Post
    @sunny_singh305 They can pull the information up if they want but they probably won't because they would only care about the eMedical reference number you submitted with your application.

They didn't ask about the previous medical.

Here's a sample timeline (changed the exact dates to maintain privacy; for illustration purposes only)
    1/9/16 - first medical - AAA clinic
    7/9/16 - second medical - BBB clinic
    15/9/16 - submitted visa application with most recent (7/9/16) medical

It was expensive and it served a lesson well (go to a more reputable clinic!). It was worth it in the end.

The second clinic's practise was they would keep on repeating tests until everything is reasonably normal before they would upload to eMedical. You have to pay multiple times for the tests of course. Not sure THOUGH if this was in compliance with INZ panel physician standards... but at least it lessens the burden to the HAT. Every B grading medical, I believe, gets sent to HAT even if the test report can be easily explained and is not that of a big issue (e.g. might have had flu couple weeks before so elevated WBC). Bad thing about eMedical is if you don't fit within the suggested ranges multiple times then B grading!

Of course if you have underlying conditions then it would be harder to have normal results and the clinic would proceed to upload + related reports from GP.
    OK THANKS
    Was it in new zealand or outside new zealand.
    in my case, i have iron deficiency and it would probably take months to recover and which is why my complete blood count wont be normal so soon, although i am already taking iron supplements. I fear it will be sent to Medical Assessor.

This was in NZ and you don't have to quote posts each time.

Thanks you very much for that. I am thinking of going for new medical for my job search visa. As i have iron deficiency anaemia, my full blood count wont be normal in just few days, hence it will be sent to MA i suppose.

Sunny by what date do you need to submit your application? When last did you have a CBC and ferritin test done or how often do you go for it? When did you start the supplementation? Sorry for all the questions, but I think I have a plan for you.

It takes about 3 months for your body to replace all red blood cells. This is round about how long it will take to get your CBC readings back to normal, depending on how serious your iron deficiency is and how quickly your body will take up the supplements. Since you said your visa expires 31 March, you do not have 3 months to wait. So you will have to work with the time you have.

I had my CBC done 2 months back when i found out my ferritin is low, (its was 10) then i have started taking supplements and diet control since january and had my recent CBC & ferritin done last week. Although ferritin has gone up (14) still not in normal range. Furthermore, MCV & MCH are also increasing (MCV- 76), (MCH-24) and RBC. They are still not within the normal range. My visa expire on 31st March 2017. I am not too sure that if i wait one more month and get new medical done in 1st week of march, will the results be normal or close to normal. Because, even there is slight abnormality, it will go to MA for review and i think there is a queue for MA to review files. I might have to wait till end of march to get the decision or after march. They will put me on interim visa and i wont be able to work. I have started a new job in January and dont want to sit back at home without working. Who knows how much time MA will take depending on the queue of applications in front of him.
    I am in a bit of limbo, whether i should go for medical now and lodge my application so that my file can go into queue otherwise it will still go into queue for MA, if my results are abnormal in March.

Here is a case that I know of that might give you a few ideas: A lady found out that she had severe iron deficiency anaemia 10 days before her medical. She immediately started taking the highest, safe dosage of iron supplementation. Obviously the abnormal results showed up in the CBC at the medical. The panel doctor recommended that she continue with this dosage and then come back for another CBC test. She went back for another test after 3 weeks. The results were still abnormal, but with an improvement. The doctor wrote on her medical that the patient had abnormal results presumably from iron deficiency anaemia and that she is reacting positively on the supplementation. This was submitted to INZ by the doctor via e-medical. What the lady then did on her own was to go for another CBC test 3 weeks later. Although some of the results were still just outside the normal range a clear improvement could be seen. She submitted this extra results with her SMC application together with a brief explanation. The case was not referred to a MA.

Iron deficiency anaemia is a common problem in females, however if a male has iron deficiency anaemia they would probably ask for more tests irrespective whether he supplements or not.

Just a few tips on iron supplementation. There are certain things that affect the absorption of iron in the body eg. do not drink coffee/tea when you take your supplement and do not take calcium/magnesium supplements within 2 hours of taking iron supplements. You can Google more about this.

Which clinic u had your medical here?

hi
    i had my medical done in auckland, dont want to name the clinic but its the cheapest in auckland.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_singh305 View Post
    hi
    i had my medical done in auckland, dont want to name the clinic but its the cheapest in auckland.
    Symond street medical centre???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast