Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A qualification at level 6

Default A qualification at level 6

Hi guys,

I have a report from NZQA showing that my qualification was assessed as A QUALIFICATION AT LEVEL 6 and no specific outcome. The question is, can I claim 40 points? I'm going to apply for residence as a software developer and I have 5+ years of experience, so I just want to meet the points requirements.

Also, which option should I select? They're both the same, except for the total points:

levels.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by yncardoso View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a report from NZQA showing that my qualification was assessed as A QUALIFICATION AT LEVEL 6 and no specific outcome. The question is, can I claim 40 points? I'm going to apply for residence as a software developer and I have 5+ years of experience, so I just want to meet the points requirements.

Also, which option should I select? They're both the same, except for the total points:

levels.jpg
    hi..

i am just telling you roughly, i think you can claim 40 points as long as you have NZQA documentaion to prove. secondly take a considertaion of work to residence visa category if you have 5 year experience find out about it. it would be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by missed.the.boat View Post
    hi..

i am just telling you roughly, i think you can claim 40 points as long as you have NZQA documentaion to prove. secondly take a considertaion of work to residence visa category if you have 5 year experience find out about it. it would be easy.
    Thanks,

It's an option, but I've been working here for a bit more than 1 year, so I'd need to wait almost 1 year to apply under the work to residence category.

What is your qualification, as stated on the certificate itself?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    What is your qualification, as stated on the certificate itself?
    Hi Chris,

It was translated as Degree of Technologist in Systems Analysis and Development. The NZQA assessment only says A qualification at level 6.

from where?

From Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    So apparently I can claim points.

SM14.10.1 New Zealand qualifications

Despite SM14.10, SM14.10.5 and SM14.10.10, a New Zealand qualification at levels three, four, five or six on the NZQF qualifies for 50 points if:

it would have met the requirements for the award of points under the Skilled Migrant Category that was in effect on 24 July 2011; and
    the principal applicant completed the qualification before 25 July 2011 or the principal applicant had commenced a course of study, resulting in the qualification for which they are claiming points, on 24 July 2011.

I believe I have to select the first option points (not 50).

ChrisMwn directed your attention to SM14.10 c, which is highlighted below.
    SM14.10 Points for recognised qualifications

Qualifications are recognised and qualify for points as follows:

Qualifications assessed as occupying levels nine and ten on the NZQF qualify for 60 points.
    Qualifications assessed as occupying levels seven, or eight on the NZQF qualify for 50 points.
    Qualifications assessed as occupying level five or six on the NZQF qualify for 40 points.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast