Thread: Partner Visa

Post Partner Visa

Hi,

I got a job offer from Wellington and the company asked me to apply for Essential Skill Worker visa and I am applying for the same. I need to take my partner along with me. We are not married but staying together for more than 1.5 years and as a proof I can get photos together, letter from her father if required. Do I have to wait for my visa to get approved for applying for her visa? Will it take more time as I understand she can apply for work visa under work visa for partner of work visa holder but not online. Please give me some information regarding this. What are the requirements for her to get visa?

You don't have to wait till you get your visa. She can apply for this https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...k-visa-holders at the same time as you do, linking the application to yours with a covering letter, then INZ will work the both applications as one case and will supply information you don't know at the beginning (like your visa number) as it becomes available.

For this visa (see Check Criteria button at that link for the page with the details) you need to show proof of partnership for around the last three months leading up to the application. See discussion and examples of evidence on these old threads. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof Keep on collecting evidence while processing is happening, because INZ usually ask for more just before the visa is issued (making sure they're not giving a visa to someone whose relationship has broken up in the meantime). Also, keep collecting evidence afterwards, because later, if you want to apply for Residence, you will need to show 12 months' evidence of living together, and you will be able to use this present time as part of the 12 months. It is good to KEEP COPIES OF YOUR EVIDENCE, also.

Thank you very much for the detailed reply. It clarifies many doubts.