Thread: Resident visa transfer

Post Resident visa transfer

Hello Everyone,

I got my resident visa last year. This year my passport is going to expire in 4 moths. So Could someone please advice me what i have to do?

Thank you.

You have to get a new passport and then send that in to get the visa transferred. This link has the various scenarios of how to do it for types of visas and a link to the fees and offices: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a-new-passport

Thank you Kiwieagle.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwieagle View Post
    You have to get a new passport and then send that in to get the visa transferred. This link has the various scenarios of how to do it for types of visas and a link to the fees and offices: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a-new-passport
    but only if you are planning on travelling.
    Your resident visa does not expire just because your passport is.

You could simply wait and have your PRV, (when eligible) placed in your new passport before you want to travel out of NZ and return.

How long does it usually take for a residence visa transfer to new passport? I'm just wondering because I submitted it last Monday and was received the following day but until today I have not received any email about my application....thank you in advance for the replies

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    but only if you are planning on travelling.
    Your resident visa does not expire just because your passport is.

You could simply wait and have your PRV, (when eligible) placed in your new passport before you want to travel out of NZ and return.
    Chris, is it then possible to submit the PRV application using the new passport, and submit the old passport as well with the RV?

Quote Originally Posted by graciousinkiwi View Post
    chris, is it then possible to submit the prv application using the new passport, and submit the old passport as well with the rv?
    yes