Thread: Second Passport - Not Noted On Application

Default Second Passport - Not Noted On Application

Hi All,

I have a small issue in regards my Residence application...

I have submitted all my paperwork & the application has been assigned a CO.

The CO has contacted me & requested some additional info, which is fine, however, it has since transpired that my partner has a Swiss passport that is in date by one year; she believed it was expired. In short, will the new information have an impact on my application in regards to putting it to the back of the queue, or will it simply be looked at by the CO & approved, as with her NZ passport. This is simply an oversight & no ill intentions sought.

My biggest worry is that I only have until April 20th to get this approved, otherwise I'm a little stuck. I have already applied for two works visas, successfully, but have read you can only have 24 months of consecutive work visas? My first work visa was issued in in July '15, so in essence I assume I have until July '17, but will I need to apply for another work visa to cover me, or is there some sort of interim visa available?

Ultimately, my biggest concern is the revelation of the second passport will impact & halt the current application.

Any help would be greatly received.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Stuart-W; 7th February 2017 at 06:08 PM.

In your place, I would write in with the information about your partner's other passport, explaining the mistake, as soon as possible. It shouldn't cause a problem, I don't THINK.

What kind of work visa do you hold? And can you give a link to what you have seen that makes you think you can only hold it/them for 24 months?

Thanks for your reply JandM.

The CO emailed me this morning asking if my partner had live in Switzerland for 12montha or more, cumulatively in the last 10 years. If so, it becomes relevant. She has not, so I assume it's not an issue. Always best to let them know the full details in my opinion.

I'm currently on a Partnership Based Work Visa, which expires at the end of April.

This is the link for the info I found re: the 24months. Maybe I'm misunderstanding it...

http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/45665.htm

From what you're saying, you're all right. Look, it says, 'further visas,' not how many further visas. There is no limit put on how many visas. As you say, your 24 months from the issue of the first visa would take up to July, and since you have a residence application in, that should justify the issue of an extra work visa to cover any remaining processing time if necessary. If you are still worrried about this, tell your CO, who will be able to explain exactly where you stand.

Further visas may be granted upon application for up to a maximum of 24 months from the date the first partnership visa was granted if:

during the validity of the first visa an application for a residence class visa under Partnership Category is made and the principal applicant wishes to remain in New Zealand pending a decision on their application

Thanks for clearing that up, JandM. Really appreciate your knowledge on the subject.

I have one other question that has only just come to me...

My CO asked why my partner had gone overseas without me for one week. In short she had a holiday booked with a friend & I couldn't get the time off work to go with her. Is this likely to have any implication on breaking the 12 months + plus we've been living together as a requirement for Resident visa under Partnership?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart-W View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, JandM. Really appreciate your knowledge on the subject.

I have one other question that has only just come to me...

My CO asked why my partner had gone overseas without me for one week. In short she had a holiday booked with a friend & I couldn't get the time off work to go with her. Is this likely to have any implication on breaking the 12 months + plus we've been living together as a requirement for Resident visa under Partnership?
    It wont be an issue. The CO will be wanting to confirm that your relationship is ongoing. Just tell it exactly like you've told it here.

Thanks Chris, I really appreciate your quick reply.

There's was a little bit of panic for a second, as I'm on a bit of a tight timeframe due to the backlog of applications.

Thanks again.

If anyone could help with the following question, I'd be extremely grateful...

Today I drove through a red-light & was pulled over by the police & told I would be given a $150 fine. Does anyone know if this is just an infringement or there will be more to this? De-merit points, court orders etc? I can't find too much online about this. It was just a genuine error, my partner was pointing at the sat-nav I wasn't concentrating - obviously this not an excuse & I'm mortified I actually did it (clean driver's licence here & in the UK for 10+ years). My worry is that this will impact on my current residency application which is currently lodged. Do need to make my CO aware of this? I'm assuming an infringement, if this in fact is an infringement, does this qualify as a 'conviction' as per 'Section G' of INZ1000?

Obviously gutted at the moment & hoping this doesn't impact any future decisions.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

A conviction is only if a person is taken to court. If this matter was dealt with at the side of the road and the officer gave you the paperwork there, or said the paperwork for the fine will be coming through the post, then it is 'just' an infringement.