Thread: Passport Staming - Resident Visa

Default Passport Staming - Resident Visa

Hi guys,

My resident visa (under SMC) has been approved and I am awaiting the AIP letter by the end of this week.

I am travelling quite often in and out of NZ (through my work), even if it is just to AUS and back, however for the next couple of months there is barely any time more than 2 weeks where I do not have to go in and out of the country for a couple of days.

The next trip is already lined up to Europe on 18 Feb (through work as well). Is there any chance or exceptional circumstance where I can drop my passport off and let INZ staff know of the urgency of getting that stamp quicker than the usual processing time? Such as a covering letter?

I have heard of people waiting 4 weeks and people who dropped and got it on the same day. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Sebastian91; 7th February 2017 at 11:04 PM.

What INZ are prepared to do seems to vary depending on how busy a particular office is, and therefore whether they are prepared to make an appointment for you to attend in person and have this done while you wait. SOME offices have done this SOMEtimes. You will need to ask the particular office you would be applying to.

You also have 6 months from the date of the AIP letter to provide your passport.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    What INZ are prepared to do seems to vary depending on how busy a particular office is, and therefore whether they are prepared to make an appointment for you to attend in person and have this done while you wait. SOME offices have done this SOMEtimes. You will need to ask the particular office you would be applying to.
    Thanks JandM for coming back.

My case was handled up till now by the Henderson Branch. Once I get the AIP letter, can I choose to ask the AKL Central Branch or does the passport have to be stamped by Henderson? In that case I will be asking them in person and see if they can make it within 5 business days due to my travel constraint.

[QUOTE=Sebastian91;553339]Thanks JandM for coming back.

My case was handled up till now by the Henderson Branch. Once I get the AIP letter, can I choose to ask the AKL Central Branch or does the passport have to be stamped by Henderson? In that case I will be asking them in person and see if they can make it within 5 business days due to my travel constraint.[/QUOTE

In fact it's likely to be dealt with by the Northern Region Documentation Section (based at Manukau) who deal with all documents in the Auckland Region.

[QUOTE=ChrisMwn;553342]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian91 View Post
    Thanks JandM for coming back.

My case was handled up till now by the Henderson Branch. Once I get the AIP letter, can I choose to ask the AKL Central Branch or does the passport have to be stamped by Henderson? In that case I will be asking them in person and see if they can make it within 5 business days due to my travel constraint.[/QUOTE

In fact it's likely to be dealt with by the Northern Region Documentation Section (based at Manukau) who deal with all documents in the Auckland Region.
    Thanks Chris!

I just went to Queenstreet Branch. They have told me it is possible for fast visa labeling, however, only my original case officer can print my label into my passport? Is that true? So that means I have to drop my passport to Queenstreet, they send it to Henderson and my CO has to print the label in it.

I heard of people going to any branch and get it done?

label would be physically printed by a support officer, somewhere, but would require the approval of case officer and another officer.

Hi Guys, I am officially a NZ Resident as of today. My CO approved that I could walk into an INZ branch and get my passport label in at present. Everybody else - good luck with your applications and thank you so much for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian91 View Post
    Hi Guys, I am officially a NZ Resident as of today. My CO approved that I could walk into an INZ branch and get my passport label in at present. Everybody else - good luck with your applications and thank you so much for your support!
    That's great! gratz...