Thread: Engineers Australia assessment available, how to get IPENZ assessment ?

Default Engineers Australia assessment available, how to get IPENZ assessment ?

Hello,

I submitted a resident visa application under the skilled migrant category in Jan 2017. I claimed bonus points for my Bachelors of Electrical Engineering qualification and work experience in ICT sector as part of the application. I provided a full IQA report from NZQA which showed that my qualification is equal to Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electrical Engineering), NZQF Level 7. Unfortunately, this was not an exact, word by word match to the LTSSL criteria of INZ, which required an assessment outcome stating Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electrical and Electronics engineering) or Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electronics engineering) in order to be eligible for the bonus points as stated by my case officer!

I contacted NZQA for this issue and was quite hopeful that they will revise the assessment since it is after all a trivial difference. However, they have routed me to IPENZ in order to get the required assessment / letter which will allow me to get the required bonus points.

I have gone through different posts on this forum and understand that there are two types of IPENZ assessments - KA01 and KA02. Can someone please advise me which one I should be seeking ? Please also note that I already have a positive assessment from Engineers Australia for my qualification stating that "my qualification has been assessed to meet the current academic requirements for standing as Professional Engineer (Skill Level 1) in Australia". Will this make a difference as to which assessment I should seek from IPENZ ?

Regards,
    Junaid

General guideline is to do KA01 first to see if you can get the letter, You can refer to my post at
    https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...563#post548563

Thank you very much for the response!

Actually I contacted them on the membership address and they advised that I need to do both KA01 and KA02