Thread: Australian Police Record by March 1st!!

Default Australian Police Record by March 1st!!

Hello everyone,

I lodged my ITA on January 26 and yesterday I received a letter saying that they received my application and asking me to provide an Australian Police Record by the 1st of March! I did submit one with my application but it was only a name check and it turns out they need a name AND fingerprints check. I took care of this this morning and sent it straight away to Australian Federal Police.
    But on their website it says that it takes 30 working days from the time they receive the request, so there is no way I can get it back in time. I will obviously call INZ hoping that they will understand and accept that I first send some sort of proof that it is under process.
    I was just wondering if someone had been in the same situation and if INZ gave them more time or how did it go for you.

Cheers,
    Laurent

My most recent experience for an AFP fingerprint check, was that it was sent from NZ on 17 January and the result was posted from Canberra on 6 February, so about 3 weeks.
    You might just sneak in if you sent request by courier, or else INZ may approve a short extension to provide full PC.
    If you can provide proof that you have applied, INZ are normally Ok with that