Thread: Temp work visa for partners of NZ citizens

Default Temp work visa for partners of NZ citizens

Hi everyone,
    Does anyone have recent experience of how long it takes to process a temp work visa of partners of NZ citizens? I am under massive time pressure as I am pregnant, so we need to get over to NZ and settled asap so that I can start receiving prenatal care. I have written to the London centre (where my application is being processed) to ask if my circumstances will allow for a speeding up of the process. Does anyone know if that is likely to make a difference?? It's a very stressful situation for us as you can imagine!
    Any info would be great, thanks.

London are currently running at around 25 working days for a temporary visa, but for a NZ partnership based one , it may be less?
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 9th February 2017 at 07:24 AM.

Heres my timeline for Partnership Work Temp Visa but it was submitted in Manukau Branch in New Zealand. Sorry not in London but it was approved recently and my partners a NZ Citizen.
    Lodged Application: Jan 25, 2017
    E Medical Received: Jan 26, 2017
    Application Moved to Auckland Central: Jan 26, 2017
    Approved: Jan 31, 2017
    Received (some) Documents Back: Feb 8, 2017
    Some advice that helped me. Write up a table of contents listing everything and it will make things easier for your CO. Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    Last edited by Jess&Jack; 9th February 2017 at 11:40 AM.

Hi everyone,
    I am Smita . I submitted my partnership work visa in 25 of October and in January they declined my visa . The immigration offer was not think we are not live genuine and stable partnership instruction wf2 and E4.5. Second reason they gave me limited timeframe me and my partner have been living together . Now already apply for reconsideration. Now I am very nervous what will be the new case officer decision.

Thanks so much Jess&Jack! Sounds like it was mega quick for you guys. Unfortunately our situation is a little complicated so will probably take longer but you've given me some hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Amyles View Post
    Thanks so much Jess&Jack! Sounds like it was mega quick for you guys. Unfortunately our situation is a little complicated so will probably take longer but you've given me some hope!

Congrats 😎😎 @Jess&Jack

What evidences have you provided?

We are planning to.apply Partnership working visa too at the end of this month.
    Last edited by Kimmy8888; 10th February 2017 at 03:05 PM.

@Amyles ~ Yes, we were quite suprised it was so quick. Good luck with your application hope it goes smoothly.

@Kimmy~
    I had quite a long list detailing everything but this is the main evidence we provided.

Some background: I’m American my partner is a Kiwi. We met on an online game in 2008 and formed a relationship in 2014. He visited me in the US twice, once for 2 weeks and the other for 3 months and I visited him once for 2 weeks. Quite a bit of my proof are from these visits. I then applied for a Work Holiday Visa to stay and explore NZ before deciding where we wanted to stay permanently. We lived together for 5 months before applying for the partnership visa, 2 months in an apartment and the rest in my partner’s parent’s home to save for a house.
    Partnership Proof: (Note* both of our names are on most of these documents)
    Relationship Cover Letter / Timeline
    ~ 30 Pictures
    ~ 30 Mail + package sent to our addresses & letters sent to each other
    Pictures of messages from each month on Facebook since start of relationship
    Pictures of text messages since I got my NZ phone number
    Tenancy Agreement
    Letter from Landlord + Business Card
    Letter + Certified Translation from partner’s parents about living in their home
    Electric/Internet Bill from each month living together
    BNZ Statement stamped and signed by bank
    Bank Transfer Invoice
    Pay slips from both of us
    Tons of Normal Shopping Receipts separated into each month
    Invoice for a Dresser and Drawer Chest ~ big purchase
    Casual Patient Form – where my partner is stated as my next of kin
    Shared Lightbox Account
    Countdown Onecard printout with both our names in the household
    Flight Itineraries + boarding tickets from visiting each other
    Both of our University Transcripts – our reason for being apart
    Movie Tickets – a pair from both US & NZ
    Aquarium Tickets/Receipt
    Auckland Zoo Receipt
    Air BNB Reservation
    Hotel Reservation Receipts
    Amtrak Tickets

It was a lot of stuff but better safe than sorry and searching through the forums helped tremendously giving me ideas for proof.
    Last edited by Jess&Jack; 10th February 2017 at 11:06 PM.

Jess&jack - that's quiet fast. Congrats btw.

In my case; to give a little background. I met my partner thru Vodafone company. When they sent him to Philippines to do upskill training we became friends and later.on to dating status. We were in Long distance for more than a year cos I was studying and had to finish my.last year in uni then take the licensure exam before.coming here in NZ. But he visited me 4x while we are away from each other. Calls every day and night, and he always take to.me work thru calls by putting his earphones on ( so I hear everything around him and feels.likr we are together). Same to mine, I always take him wherever I go thru calls (earphones on) heheh.

Now.im.in NZ now, I arrived last nov 15 2016 and I lived with him

The evidences we have ATM:

Evidence maintaining the relationship while away:

-timeline of our relationship
    -pictires together and with friends
    -Phone call records
    -His gifts.to.me
    -money transfer from him ( he supports me sometimes.financially)
    -Public recognition of relationship (Facebook, friends conversation, relatives and family)
    -plane tickets ( 4x he visited me)
    -exchange emails/ and text
    -Ill show my diploma, enrolment slip and license to prove the reason why we are away before.

Now that we are together living on same.address:

-Utility bills (mercury, vodafone)
    -Dads house ownership record.( He will write for us testifying we have live here since I arrive in NZ
    -mails generated in this address (both our names sometimes Individually)
    -Flybuys (mostly it's under my name)
    -Bank stamped.by BNZ (it's just a joint saving account since I cannot do it normal.joint account due to the fact that I'm just in tourist visa)
    -Exchange message from.mom.anf dad talking about household
    -Pictires with friends, family here)
    -Cards and letters sent in this address

We are hoping we could be able to apply this month. The reason we wanted to.applu earlier.cos we don't want to.apply close.to visa expiration date just to.make sure we have enough time if anything happens.

How does this evidence.sounds?