Thread: Residency

Default Residency

Hello Admin,

I came to new zealand 2012 on my study visa and then got my open Job Search visa on 2014 ,I got Job on my relevant field and since then i kept working with the same employer till today's date.Unfortunately i couldn't get permanent contract with the company as they were only hiring contractors at that time which i was one.On today's date they are promising to give me permanent contract which is more than 2 years now.I came to know that with the contract job if someone work more than 2 years makes eligible to apply residency and fall under SMC.I applied my residency last year on october 2016 ,got selected on EOI and invited to apply residency .Everything went well ,CO assigned last month and she contacted my employer with some Questionnaire on 7/02/17.
    My boss he replied her question and submitted on 9/07/17.So just waiting for the decision from CO.I'm totally going through stressful situation. I keep checking what could be the decision. Could you please advise what will be the decision made on this situation.Your suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Like many other people, you are asking for somebody to step up, read the future, and tell you what is going to happen, and when!

You are feeling anxious with the waiting. This is normal. You are just like everybody else in that - we're all human. We're used to being able to control many things in our lives, but when in the hands of a huge government bureaucracy, suddenly we can't, and we don't like it.

You've had visas previously, so you must be used to checking INZ regulations, and as far as you can tell, you meet the requirements. But INZ doesn't know you, and has to investigate and not take you on trust. Now you must give your CO time to check every single piece of your evidence, by asking a third party who is in a position to know if it's true. They won't all reply urgently. It all takes time. In the meanwhile, your CO is working 90 - 100 other cases in rotation with yours, so quite a lot of the time that is passing is time when she's looking at other people's business, not yours. At the moment, it's normal for residence applications to take up to a year to process. If you think it will be a year, you may get a pleasant surprise and hear the news sooner, but at least you won't have unrealistic expectations. Don't keep thinking about INZ. You won't hear anything from the CO unless she needs more information, or unless she has something to tell you, and that is normal.