Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Approved online status

Default Approved online status

hey guys my status changed to approved this morning but it doesn't have any expiry date. what does it mean can anyone help? can i celebrate or not yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Romain biette View Post
    hey guys my status changed to approved this morning but it doesn't have any expiry date. what does it mean can anyone help? can i celebrate or not yet?
    If it is a resident visa that you have applied to, then it is valid indefinitely.

yes its a resident visa. did you status had expiry date?

Hey congratulations brother..... my online status changed this morning too and of course it doesn't have any expiry date ..... according to my knowledge it will change once your AIP letter will be ready and once inz asks you for your passport for stamping...... cos in my case even on the top it still shows my work visa expiry date as well as conditions of my work visa but infront of residency application it says Approved
    So it's definitely time for celebration ��

yes its a resident visa. did you status had expiry date?
    No, as I said it is indefinitely So expiry is : ------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian91 View Post
    No, as I said it is indefinitely So expiry is : ------------
    Hey Sebastian,,, the resident visa will be valid for 2 years from the day of approval and then after two years you can convert it to permanent residence visa ,,, it should show the validity of 2 years from the day of approval

Quote Originally Posted by Jayse3627 View Post
    Hey Sebastian,,, the resident visa will be valid for 2 years from the day of approval and then after two years you can convert it to permanent residence visa ,,, it should show the validity of 2 years from the day of approval
    This is not immigration advice, but you can find this on the link I attached below: Maybe JandM can confirm too?

No, it is a RESIDENT Visa. It will be valid indefinitely. However, it will come with travel condition which are usually 2 years - meaning you cannot come back to NZ without having valid travel conditions. However, if you were not to leave NZ, you can stay a RESIDENT all your life.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian91 View Post
    This is not immigration advice, but you can find this on the link I attached below: Maybe JandM can confirm too?

No, it is a RESIDENT Visa. It will be valid indefinitely. However, it will come with travel condition which are usually 2 years - meaning you cannot come back to NZ without having valid travel conditions. However, if you were not to leave NZ, you can stay a RESIDENT all your life.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa
    Oh yeah that's right Sebastian.... that's exactly what I meant
    But we will need to wait and see on our AIP letter whether we got any section 49 conditions or not otherwise we are allgood

You should and you can celebrate!!!

The information of your residence application will be updated in the website once the Blue Stamp is printed - not before!

and the expiry date will be Indefinite - and you will have a Date Expiry Date Travel -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast