Thread: Can we carry Indian Powdered Spices in Checked in baggages?

Default Can we carry Indian Powdered Spices in Checked in baggages?

I was wondering if I can carry powdered indian spices with me in checked in baggage? Can someone guide me on this? Thanks

Have a look at the rules here:
    http://mpi.govt.nz/travel-and-recrea...-personal-use/

Personally I don't think it's worth bringing spices with you, Auckland has many Indian supermarkets where you can buy a full range of spices etc.

FWIW... We did bring some spices, pickles, sweets and savory snacks in checked baggage. The customers officer asked us what we have in the bags, looked at them and said all good. As long as they are in original packaging (ie label & ingredient list) you should be fine.

yes. as long as processed that means dried or fried powdered crushed etc and cannot grow into a plant

Hi,
    Check this one for the risky goods..

http://mpi.govt.nz/travel-and-recrea...ms-to-declare/

But remember every case is different and all officers are not same always at the customs. If it is allowed for someone does not mean that they allow for everyone...One of my friend got caught with spices and paid $400 on the spot towards fee but he brought the spices many times in the past..So you need to decide and it is always safer to go as per law.

Cheers