Thread: Passports

Default Passports

Hi there everyone !

My partner and I are in the process of applying for his residency (through partnership )

I am a NZ citizen - since 2013 . I am originally from the Seychelles so I also have a Seychelles passport - in the forms it says I need to write down all countries I hold a passport for and the passport number ( so in my case it would be Seychelles and New Zealand )

However my Seychelles passport has expired - and I've just realised I've lost it it seems.

When writing down - do I still put Seychelles down since I technically don't have a valid passport from there ?

Or do I put it down anyway (and hope I have the expired passport number lying around)

Thanks in advance !

Declare it, saying it's mislaid, and expired. Then you can't be said to have covered anything up.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Declare it, saying it's mislaid, and expired. Then you can't be said to have covered anything up.

thanks @JandM!!

If that's the case would I need to provide the passport number?

thanks again,

O

The INZ 1000 asks you to list details of "all passports held"

It may be debateable if you hold an "expired passport"

As Jand M suggest list what details you have, indicate its expired/lost and if you don't have number say "not known"

INZ are probably only interested if it was ever used to travel to NZ?

Only used it to enter NZ in 2008 and once in 2012 when I had PR . will explain and see what they say best to tell the truth and nothing but the truth! thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by ORIO92 View Post
    Hi there everyone !

My partner and I are in the process of applying for his residency (through partnership )

I am a NZ citizen - since 2013 . I am originally from the Seychelles so I also have a Seychelles passport - in the forms it says I need to write down all countries I hold a passport for and the passport number ( so in my case it would be Seychelles and New Zealand )

However my Seychelles passport has expired - and I've just realised I've lost it it seems.

When writing down - do I still put Seychelles down since I technically don't have a valid passport from there ?

Or do I put it down anyway (and hope I have the expired passport number lying around)

Thanks in advance !

You can have double nationality - if your other passport has expired don't put that you have passport form another country