Thread: Points question

Default Points question

I submitted my ITA in August with 155 points.

I was just wondering if anybody has any knowledge as to whether my application will be effected due to the points change in October? Some people seem to believe that as they had recieved my application before the change (I'd recieved my documents back before this too) that it wont effect me but does anyone know for sure?

Would seem quite odd (and particularly harsh) if the rule applied to applications being processed before the change date.

Quote Originally Posted by lewisculshaw View Post

I was just wondering if anybody has any knowledge as to whether my application will be effected due to the points change in October? Some people seem to believe that as they had recieved my application before the change (I'd recieved my documents back before this too) that it wont effect me but does anyone know for sure?

Would seem quite odd (and particularly harsh) if the rule applied to applications being processed before the change date.
    There is not need to be worried - your points are okay for the time of your application.

You just need to wait! I know the felling...

Quote Originally Posted by lewisculshaw View Post

If you’ve already applied, the requirements that were in place on the date you made your application will continue to apply to you. You don’t need to meet the new point threshold and the new requirements for English language evidence do not apply to you.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...anges/nzrp-smc

Agreed.