Hi Everyone,

My situation is as follows: I have been a NZ citizen for more than 15 years. I will be having a arranged marriage. I got engaged to my fiance who lives in Pakistan last October and I am planning to get married in NZ later this year in October/November. In order for my fiance to be able to settle in NZ after our wedding, I understand the following:

(1) Apply for a visitor visa under the "culturally arranged marriage" category (which I believe is valid for 3 months) and get married in NZ and start living together and document evidence of relationship.

(2) Then apply for a "partnership sponsored work visa" which is valid for 12 months

(3) During the 12 months, we live together and gather evidence and after 12 months, apply for a "partnership resident visa".

My concerns are these;

If my fiance comes to NZ for the purpose of getting married under "arranged marriage visitor visa", and during this time we apply for "partnership sponsored work visa", what happens if the work visa application is still in process and 3 months for the visitor visa are up? Does my fiance have to leave the country even though the "partnership sponsored work visa" application is in progress?

After my fiance is in NZ and we get married within the 3 months period, can I only apply "partnership sponsored work visa" after the 3 months have finished?

Thanks for your help in advance