We will be moving to Christchurch soon as my husband managed to find a job there. He will be flying next month (March) and I will join him a few months later. Currently we are trying to look for accommodation and we would like to ask for suggestions on what are the documents required usually. We read in other threads that most of the owner will ask for reference letter from previous landlord, but for our case, we have never rented any property. We own the house that we are currently living in and before that, we live in each of our parents house.

Is there any other alternative to this? And also, what other documents are required?

Appreciate if anyone can advise on this.

Thank you