Thread: study not relevant to Visa application

Default study not relevant to Visa application

Hello everyone , I am asking this on behalf of my friend. She applied for post study (employer assisted) work visa as a care giver. She completed Heath and rehabilitation level -7.She got an email from Visa officer saying her qualification is not relevant to her job and her qualification was not the main reason for her employer to hire her.

while she was studying her course had few subject on care giving to old age people and she has a depth knowledge about the care giver job which she is currently doing.

Has anyone been in similar situation ? if anyone could share their experience or story this would help her gain work visa.

Or can she apply for essential Skill work visa? any help would be appreciable.

Was the email a PPI one, or a refusal?

[QUOTE=JandM;554055]Was the email a PPI one, or a refusal?[/QUOTE

She Has to reply by 20 feb 2017. It wasnt a refusal.

Then she can reply with details (official course content - transcript or syllabus, for example) of the parts of her course which ARE relevant to the job. What she KNOWS, just from experience and having learnt by doing, will not count with INZ, so it's no use mentioning that. If the employer is prepared to write and say she gave her the job because of the qualification (at least partly), that could help, too.

She can apply for Essential Skills IF she and the job meet the requirements. See here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ills-work-visa and hit the Check Criteria button near the bottom of the page to find the details.

Thank you very much jand. One of her friend got 2 years visa this way so what you told is the way to go. If incase this doesnt work can she apply for essential skill by just notifying the visa officer that she wants to go through essential skill or she has to put up a whole new application again? Thank you heaps

She could ask the CO that, if she needs to, but I think she'd have to start again with a whole new application.

Her employer is not writing a support letter so she have to apply for essential skill visa. I hope she gets it. Thank you jand for your kind words.