Thread: Renew Essential Skills Visa- SMC In Process

Default Renew Essential Skills Visa- SMC In Process

Hi guys
    i am presently on essential skills visa and it is expiring in two months from today i.e. 18th april
    I have already applied for SMC application.

as INZ is taking approx 2 months to process work visa apps..so i am planning to apply for new visa next week...so that i don't want to go on interim visa.
    i rang INZ call center today to know the checklist of docs required but they said everything is on the website...unfortunately i couldn't find everything what i want...

so my query is.. what are the exact docs required...?
    1.does my employer has to advertise the job again...(as per my knowledge its NO but still want to confirm)?
    2. Does he need to fill the Employer supplementary Form(INZ 1113) again?
    3. do i need to sign a new job contract to send that to INZ...OR one i had from last year will be OK?
    4. do i need a new job offer letter from employer stating why they need me at workplace...?

Kindly reply guys.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pinchu143 View Post
    Hi guys
    i am presently on essential skills visa and it is expiring in two months from today i.e. 18th april
    I have already applied for SMC application.

as INZ is taking approx 2 months to process work visa apps..so i am planning to apply for new visa next week...so that i don't want to go on interim visa.
    i rang INZ call center today to know the checklist of docs required but they said everything is on the website...unfortunately i couldn't find everything what i want...

so my query is.. what are the exact docs required...?
    1.does my employer has to advertise the job again...(as per my knowledge its NO but still want to confirm)?
    2. Does he need to fill the Employer supplementary Form(INZ 1113) again?
    3. do i need to sign a new job contract to send that to INZ...OR one i had from last year will be OK?
    4. do i need a new job offer letter from employer stating why they need me at workplace...?

Kindly reply guys.
    thanks
    Hi Pinchu. I had similar situation, my residenc application is in process and my visa was due to expire in march. I had applied essential skill work visa, which i was lodged on 19th December i just got it approved on Monday. We only provided employer supplementary forms, work visa forms, job description, contract. if u need more information u can pm me.

Can I ask
    What is the disadvantage of getting an interim visa? I understand these are given fairly easily?

I don't think there's any disadvantage to having an interim visa in a case like the OP's, when he's applying for a new visa the same as the one he's already on, because in that case, the interim visa will have the same conditions as the work visa and won't interrupt his working life. (The only limitation is that an interim visa doesn't have travel conditions.) https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa-conditions

That sounds good...
    Thanks everyone.
    A quick ques...if i get promotion before applying like higher position in same company and same job duties...then..
    What wilk happen if i go on interim...?

You're talking about a fine shade of meaning there - SAME job, SAME duties, but promoted? Is that possible? I think INZ would have to pronounce on that.