Thread: Residency forms

Default Residency forms

Hey guys,

We're about to send off my partners residency application.
    I was reading the residency application and for the partnership category it says this "Evidence you must provide
    You must provide:
    • details of your New Zealand partner in sections D and E
    • a Partnership Support Form for Residence (INZ 1178) completed by your partner
    • evidence of your relationship as described in the Residence Guide at Completing Section K: Family: Partnership Category."

link here: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...es/inz1000.pdf Section J.

I obviously need to fill out the support form 1178 here: http://www.jpauckland.org.nz/docs/55...20Mar%2015.pdf

However when I called immigration on Tuesday the man I spoke to said we dont need to feel out details of partner or anything in the residency application (form 1000) itself because I am not applying for residency.

However I dont know if this is correct as in the residency application it still says he needs to fill out the details of his partner in sections D and E...Of form 1000.

Is it correct to assume that as a partner I fill out form 1178 and he fills out my details in section D and E of form 1000- where they ask for the partners (me) details as well as the partners family details- whether they are migrating with him or not.

Is it also safe to assume that we tick the no box here- section D10 form 1000.
    D10 Is your partner included in this application?
    Yes- You must provide evidence of your relationship as described in ‘Completing Section D: Partner’s personal details’ in the
    Residence Guide (INZ 1002).
    No

All a little confusing so bear with me!

thanks in advance

Yes, you're correct.

The confusion is because you're looking at a multi-purpose form, that can be used by people applying under different schemes, so it doesn't ALL apply to ANY category.

Thanks JandM- It was doing my head in! Luckily I got on the phone with another immigration person from INZ and she managed to give me the correct information..the man I had gotten a few days before had given the complete wrong info!

He even told me I needed to provided a police certificate for my birth country despite not having lived there in the past 9 years- which is incorrect as I only had to provide one if I had been living there int he last 7 for more than 12 months!

goes to show you should always double check!