Thread: Immigration NZ website

Default Immigration NZ website

Hi,

I wanted to ask a question to determine if I am the problem or if the problem is on the other end. I've been offered a position in NZ, and would apply for a Talent-Accredited Employer visa. I live in Canada, and about 2 years ago I had seriously looked at coming to NZ for work but things did not work out. At that time, as a Canadian, I would have had to send all my documentation to Washington DC for processing. Now it is apparently all online from what I was told.

I have tried to create an account on the Immigration New Zealand website. And I get an email sent to me about verifying my account. I have clicked on this link over 50 times and I keep getting error message and no verification. I've tried contacting RealMe who then bounce me to Immigration New Zealand who then put me on hold and in the process slowly bankrupt me with long distance charges by putting me on hold with no person in sight. So, is there a common issue with this website, maybe some kind of firewall for those outside New Zealand, or am I missing something?

2 years ago, I had called Immigration New Zealand with questions and had no problem getting a hold of someone. Now, its a nightmare. Not sure if there have been major budget cuts or what, but I've dealt with government agencies in both Canada and the US and it has been a much less frustrating process.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Even I am facing issues, I am in Japan, many times it doesn't even shows the userid and password box while login.
    many links are outdated or doesn't even open.

Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    Even I am facing issues, I am in Japan, many times it doesn't even shows the userid and password box while login.
    many links are outdated or doesn't even open.
    INZ have update their Website (2017) . Are you sure you aren't accessing an old version?

I wonder if there is a problem accessing the website from countries outside New Zealand, or maybe certain countries? I've tried different browsers, and nothing works. I can login but cannot get the account verified, thus no go. And forget about technical support!

Anyways, it looks as if unless something changes very soon, I will likely send in a paper application to Washington which will probably take longer and less convenient.

Also, if you have any questions, you get redirected to that part of the website which looks dated. And I tried submitting a few questions and again, more error messages.