Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expired EOI

Angry Expired EOI

Hi All,
    Actually I am in a tricky situation and need your advices.

I have been in New Zealand for around 3 years and been working in a skilled engineering job for 8 months.
    I submitted my EOI on 10th October 2016 with 140 points but you know that on 12th October rules changed so my EOI was not successful.

In this period I have been preparing some new documents to claim more points (165) and almost all of my documents will be ready until 15th March. The Only problem I have is my IELTS results because I couldn't book any exam until the end of April. But I can not wait until that time because my EOI will be expired on 10th April and I must pay another EOI fee again.

My question: Is there any option to submit my EOI without Ielts result and provide exam result after receiving ITA?

Many thanks for your time.
    Last edited by s.Mason; 18th February 2017 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by s.Mason View Post
    Hi All,
    Actually I am in a tricky situation and need your advices.

I have been in New Zealand for around 3 years and been working in a skilled engineering job for 8 months.
    I submitted my EOI on 10th October 2016 with 140 points but you know that on 12th October rules changed so my EOI was not successful.

In this period I have been preparing some new documents to claim more points (165) and almost all of my documents will be ready until 15th March. The Only problem I have is my IELTS results because I couldn't book any exam until the end of April. But I can not wait until that time because my EOI will be expired on 10th April and I must pay another EOI fee again.

My question: Is there any option to submit my EOI without Ielts result and provide exam result after receiving ITA?

Many thanks for your time.
    I'm confused.

Are you talking about lodging another EOI, or have you already received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) and must lodge that by 10 April. (meaning it was issued 10 December ?)

for current English langauage requirements (at the time EOI is submitted) see
    http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/41495.htm
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 18th February 2017 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    I'm confused.

Are you talking about lodging another EOI, or have you already received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) and must lodge that by 10 April. (meaning it was issued 10 December ?)

Actually I submitted my first EOI on 10th October with 140 points, but because of new rules it has not been selected from pool yet. For that EOI I used another option for English requirement (Not Ielts).

I am going to revise my first EOI and submit it again with 165 points. But since any EOI can be in the pool for max 6 months I must revise EOI ASAP to be selected before 10th April. But I can not have My Ielts result until the end of the April.

If I wait for my Ielts result, My EOI will be expired and I can not revise it anymore and I need to submit NEW EOI and pay new fee.

I can send my Ielts results after being selected from pool but not before it.
    Last edited by s.Mason; 18th February 2017 at 09:56 AM.

then you will need to look around to see if there is another IELTS or other test centre where you can sit and get the result before 10 April. it might be a balancing exercise between the cost of travel and the cost of another EOI???

I tried but no IELTS exam until 10 April in New Zealand. All fully booked.

Yes Chris is right... People are going to Fiji for IELTS exam because of dates issue in NZ

Just to test my chance, can I put any other things instead of Ielts results on the form? for example "Results will be received after ....".

I know that all EOIs will be reviewed after being selected from pool and before sending any ITA.

If I put this sentence and my EOI be rejected after being selected from pool, does this rejection have any bad effect on my next EOI or application?
    Last edited by s.Mason; 18th February 2017 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by s.Mason View Post
    Just to test my chance, can I put any other things instead of Ielts results on the form? for example "Results will be received after ....".

If I do this and my EOI be rejected after being selected from pool, does this rejection have any bad effect on my next EOI or application?
    Whatever you put on the EOI has to be true and correct at the time you make the statement. You cant put anything that is false or misleading. If you have some other claim that you meet SM5.5 at the time you update your EOI, then youll need to explain how.

Having an EOI withdrawn from the pool is not detrimental to future EOI's,nor is being refused an ITA, but false claims in an EOI are.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 18th February 2017 at 10:37 AM.

Since I have booked the exam for end of the April so the results will be ready 15 days after exam. I am sure about my English skills but I can not guarantee my results.

That is why just I want to write on the form:

"I have booked the exam on ... and results will be received by ..... Exam booking Ref: ..... "

you mean something like this can be a false or misleading information?

I am confused (
    Last edited by s.Mason; 18th February 2017 at 10:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast