Thread: should i input? Point only 125 (EOI/ SMC)

Thumbs up should i input? Point only 125 (EOI/ SMC)

Hi guys,

I'm 31 years old dude with 8 years experience in Telecommunication industries. 3 years start with local company, and the rest are MNC (all outside NZ)

I'm also holding bachelor telecommunication degree with total 4 years of study (not in NZ) /// recognised qualification level 6

I have calculated my point, and probably would get around 125 Point.
    btw I'm Married (1 child). It will give me +10 points if i include her.

I'm not sure if it is boosting my point or not, but my experience categorized as long term skill shortage list.
    Capture.jpg

I've been applying for a job since last year and hoping there would be an employer interested with my profile and give me offer letter. But so far not so good

Just need advise/tips/suggestion
    - what do you think if i put my EOI with point only 125 + 10?
    - what can i improve ?

thanks a lot for your comment in advance guys.

At the moment, no EOIs are selected from the pool unless they have a minimum of 160 points. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...anges/nzrp-smc You could legally submit your EOI (with 100 or more), but it would just waste your money because it would sit in the pool for six months then lapse. 50 points for the offer of a job would take you above the threshold, and make it worth putting in the EOI.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    At the moment, no EOIs are selected from the pool unless they have a minimum of 160 points. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...anges/nzrp-smc You could legally submit your EOI (with 100 or more), but it would just waste your money because it would sit in the pool for six months then lapse. 50 points for the offer of a job would take you above the threshold, and make it worth putting in the EOI.
    Thank you for the comment. what a sad news for me

Hi uyycoc,
    I’m in same situation. Did you go ahead with EOI or did you find some way to improve your points?