Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USA Pet Exporter

Question USA Pet Exporter

Hello! I've searched on here for pet exporters in the US, but most all of the recommendations I have seen are for IPT which appears to no longer be in business. Does anyone have any suggestions for other exporters in the US that could assist with transporting 3 cats? I have contacted JetPets already, as I did see a recommendation for them as well. I appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

I'm sending three dogs from Florida to Auckland. Working with Pacific Pet Transport ...pacpet.com . . . out of LA. They came highly recommended by a dog breeder I work with in NZ. Pet transport is expensive, full stop. But they seem reasonable, and seem to know what they're doing. Do be aware that you're not going to be able to export your cats until 3 months after the blood draw from a rabies titre test. The lab work for this must be done at Kansas State University.

Quote Originally Posted by sandgrubber View Post
    I'm sending three dogs from Florida to Auckland. Working with Pacific Pet Transport ...pacpet.com . . . out of LA. They came highly recommended by a dog breeder I work with in NZ. Pet transport is expensive, full stop. But they seem reasonable, and seem to know what they're doing. Do be aware that you're not going to be able to export your cats until 3 months after the blood draw from a rabies titre test. The lab work for this must be done at Kansas State University.
    Thank you! I submitted a request to them for an estimate. I've actually already arranged a visit with our local vet for the titre tests next week, so I know we won't be able to leave until the end of May at the earliest. If anyone else has any other suggestions, please let me know.

I'm now in NZ with my dogs. Quick note on PacPets, who managed my pet transport. They were great on the international part, but not on the domestic. Great check lists for NZ import requirements, etc., BUT they forgot to note that domestic travel required a vet check within 10 days of flying. They also failed to provide a map showing where to go at the Jacksonville airport, and Google Maps, using the address given, sent us to the Radisson Hotel. At 7 am, in a city I don't know, both problems were hard to fix. The earliest vet appointment we could get was 1 pm, and the vet charged $280 for taking temperatures, looking in their mouths, listening to chests, and filling out forms. We were lucky to get a the 4 pm flight. Poor dogs spent ten hours in the car and waiting in parking lots before they boarded the plane. They were fine, however. PacPets and quarantine both sent me pictures...And the dogs were very happy to see me when I showed up five days later.

Thanks for the update, which will be a great help to other people for what they need to double check for themselves.

I'm so glad to hear everything turned out all right in the end.

I just thought I'd add a long overdue update here for anyone that might be looking for similar information in the future. We successfully imported three cats using Jet Pets based out of Los Angeles. We ultimately chose them, as they were the only ones that responded to any of our emails and seemed interested in our business. We did attempt to contact Pacific Pet Transport multiple times, who were recommended to us above, however they never replied to calls or emails. Neither did a couple of other companies. In the end, Jet Pets were easy to work with, knowledgeable and helpful, and ended up being an excellent choice. We'd definitely recommend them for anyone trying to bring their pets from the United States.

That's good news - very pleased to hear your furry family members arrived safely. Thank you for the update.

Would it be possible to get a general idea of how much that would be??

Mariem84, if you make two more posts on any thread, so five in all, you will be able to use the Private Messaging service to get the attention of anyone who has posted here but not for some time, who might not otherwise see your question.

Default quote - ideas

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Mariem84, if you make two more posts on any thread, so five in all, you will be able to use the Private Messaging service to get the attention of anyone who has posted here but not for some time, who might not otherwise see your question.
    AH I see

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast