Thread: Getting a NZ phone number while overseas? Can you do it?

Question Getting a NZ phone number while overseas? Can you do it?

I'm making the big move on March 5. I've bought a house and signed agreements to purchase a car. I'm trying to get insurance, etc., straightened out before I fly, as I expect to be barely functional after 25 hours in transit. When I try to sign up online, for example with AA, I keep hitting problems when it asks for a phone number. I once had one, but it no longer seems to be valid. I still have a SIM for 2 degrees, but I can't seem to activate it.

Can anyone tell me how to work phone activation so that I'll have a phone number and working phone when I touch down . . . and a phone number I can give out before I arrive? Or is that impossible?

If you haven't used or topped up your SIM for a while, it may have been cancelled.

Have you tried Skype. You can get a local nz number while being overseas and it does cost you

I was able to by an activation kit for Spark on eBay, including a SIM and a few hundred minutes for $US17. And then !YAY! 2degrees finally responded. They found my SIM number and I was able to reactivate it.

Quote Originally Posted by nms.sun3 View Post
    Have you tried Skype. You can get a local nz number while being overseas and it does cost you
    yerp, another possible solution : https://www.skype.com/en/features/online-number/