Thread: Case Office not satisfied

Default Case Office not satisfied

So i finally got an email off my case officer who says hes not satisfied I'm skilled employment. My manager answered the case officers questions but was not very concise with his answers and the case officer is now saying I don't qualify as my job is not skilled. i need to reply by 3rd March. I know my job is skilled because of the tasks I perform. I may not perform these tasks 100% of the time but I do perform them and they meet the criteria of the category I have applied under (ICT Customer Support and Technical officer) Also colleagues who do the same role have been awarded residency so I know its a skilled position.

Should I formulate a reply myself or should I seen an immigration Lawyer to act on my behalf. All my colleagues are saying I am capable of doing this but my friends who don't know my position are suggesting I use a Lawyer.

I hope I am successful.

Quote Originally Posted by jstonley View Post
    So i finally got an email off my case officer who says hes not satisfied I'm skilled employment. My manager answered the case officers questions but was not very concise with his answers and the case officer is now saying I don't qualify as my job is not skilled. i need to reply by 3rd March. I know my job is skilled because of the tasks I perform. I may not perform these tasks 100% of the time but I do perform them and they meet the criteria of the category I have applied under (ICT Customer Support and Technical officer) Also colleagues who do the same role have been awarded residency so I know its a skilled position.

Should I formulate a reply myself or should I seen an immigration Lawyer to act on my behalf. All my colleagues are saying I am capable of doing this but my friends who don't know my position are suggesting I use a Lawyer.

I hope I am successful.
    That really is a question only you can answer. It might depend on how much you are prepared to invest into the matter. Your own time and little expertese, or to pay for the services of an experienced and knowledgeable adviser.

Either way the case officer needs to be convinced , not only that there is a substantial match to ANZSCO, but also that the role requires significant technical expertese.

There are many , many Appeal decisions on ICT Support roles, some appeals have been declined, others are successful.
    though its not yet at Appeal stage, a case officer would also have in their mind recent decisions.

Read a few of the decisions here:

https://forms.justice.govt.nz/search/IPT/Residence/
    (Authority = immigration and protection tribunal, Search terms = ICT Support)

You might find an Adviser who is prepared to work on a contingency baisis, and respond to the case officer, other may want to be paid upfront before responding.
    Be sure though they have expertese in these specific matters.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 20th February 2017 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks for the reply. Very Helpful