Thread: Question about Variation of conditions

Default Question about Variation of conditions

Hi guys, I have got a really tough question here about my work visa.

I am working in Auckland at the moment, my work visa can only work as kitchen assistant under "AAA" until 2018, now I have found a new job located in Wellington, it also belongs to "AAA" but just a different site also different manager, and also my position has been changed to chef.

For my situation, do I have to apply for Variation of conditions? And, if yes. If I applied just today, do I have to wait for it approved or I can just go work at the new job?

What is "AAA" - the employer?

Here are the regulations about getting a variation of conditions. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...emporary-visas If the difference between the old job and the new job is too much, you will have to apply for a different visa. Considering the other job you mention is right out of the area, I think it's likely you would have to get a different visa (if you and the job qualify for it), but you need to ask INZ about that.

If your employment is mentioned on the visa label, then that visa is ONLY for that one job. You are not covered for any other job. To do any other work would be breaking the terms of your visa. You most certainly can't go to any other job unless and until you get your visa changed. You and the boss would be breaking the law.

The issues in changing cities is that a new labour market test may be required. That's likely to require a new visa application, not a VOC.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    What is "AAA" - the employer?

Here are the regulations about getting a variation of conditions. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...emporary-visas If the difference between the old job and the new job is too much, you will have to apply for a different visa. Considering the other job you mention is right out of the area, I think it's likely you would have to get a different visa (if you and the job qualify for it), but you need to ask INZ about that.

If your employment is mentioned on the visa label, then that visa is ONLY for that one job. You are not covered for any other job. To do any other work would be breaking the terms of your visa. You most certainly can't go to any other job unless and until you get your visa changed. You and the boss would be breaking the law.

It is the same company, but just a different area. "AAA" is a big company they have a lots of different site, basically contractor

I am currently working in Navy Base, but the new job is the dining for the school.