Thread: WTR Visa expiring soon

Red face WTR Visa expiring soon

Hello fellow kiwis.

So I'm in a bit of a pickle and need your recommendations.

1) I've been on a Talent Visa WTR for slightly more than 2 years now with a base salary that's not far off from $90K. The expiry is on 1st June 2017 (the whole time i had in mind it was 30th June by the way, gah!)

2) Right now we're getting my partner's police cert sorted out and it will take 4 weeks to arrive.

3) Whilst under the impression that our visa ended on 30th June, I booked us a flight out of NZ for a friend's wedding and arriving back on the 6th of June.

Yikes, i know right. So i spoke to an officer and she suggested that I re-apply for a WTR to be safe since it's highly likely that the application will TAKE MORE than 3months due to backlogs.

So now i'm thinking, should i just can the residence application for now, get my new work visa approved and then get a new job or a promotion sorted out to push to 90K base salary within the next 6-9 months and then only apply for the Residence Visa then, as I will have a better chance at getting PR instead?

Thanks a lot for your time and answers!

None of us here can tell you what you ought to do. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24859

The person from INZ has told you plainly that you NEED TO get your new WTR sorted out. There's no doubt about that. Doing so wouldn't stop you also going for Residence when convenient, whether or not you've yet got exactly the criteria that might get you PR directly.