Thread: Changed person paying for the past...

Default Changed person paying for the past...

I am currently applying for a work visa based on partnrship. It seems like every step of the way I've been fighting just to be able to stay in NZ with my partner that I honestly love so very much.
    First, I had to prove that our relationship is real. That was an interesting feat because neither of us likes to be in pictures. The amount of letters from friends and family along with Facebook posts dating years back was thankfully enough.
    Now, I've been told by immigration that I have to have a psych evaluation on top of all the other medical things I had to pay for. I do have a mental illness but I've never been violent towards others.
    I wouldn't be as worried about that but, you see, I have had many hard times in my life and I sadly did not make good decisions. I do have a lengthy criminal record.
    But I've turned my life around and I haven't gotten into any trouble since early 2011.
    My partner has been an amazing support. She's made me a better person. I'm not who I used to be when I did those things.

Can anyone tell me how I can apply for a character traits waiver? And possibly tell me anything I could say or do to increase the likelihood that it would be granted?