Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing job during SMC process

What do you think, ChrisMwn?

Quote Originally Posted by pinchu143 View Post
    Hi everyone...
    Thankyou sooo much for a wonderful replies guys...
    Now i hv finally decided to stay in same job until i get my decision...
    "Sometimes ita good to loose better opputunities to gain something "

Anyways can someone help me with this...
    Can i apply for my essential skills visa renewal online or it has to be done paper app...?
    I got INZ1113 filled by employer..
    Got my same contract and job decription letter that i submitted last year and with smc app..
    And i hv written a cover letter that i already applied smc, so want to renew my visa..

Is that all good to lodge online...?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    What do you think, ChrisMwn?
    Just done one like this online.

hai ,
    can anyone please help me with this ...

My smc application is in process. I got invitation to apply on march of 2017 and i submitted my smc application under the role of community support worker before 28th of august. My application is in queue to be allocated to a case officer.
    And recently i attended an interview for the job as a corrections officer with department of corrections and i got that job .
    so my question is will this new job that i got now as a corrections officer will be assesed under the smc intructions of new policy or the smc instructions that was in place when i got my invitation to apply on march of 2017?

because As per the Smc instructions on the time when i got my invitation to apply THAT IS MARCH THE 2017 the corrections officer(prison officer) was in appendix 7 of the skill list.

so can i know will this new job (corrections officer) that i got recently will be assesed under the smc instructions that was in place when i got my invitation to apply on march of 2017?

can i please get a answer for this enquiry please. as i tried so hard to get this job as a corrections officer as its a big process to pass the interview proces and more over its a central goevrnment job and better pay than the job i am on right now...
    thank you

I've answered your PM on this matter.

There is no need to post the same thing in different places. I always look at the New Posts when I come back to my computer, so I won't miss anything.

Notice, there isn't a permanent staff here. The owner, moderators and I are members of the public who run the forum in our spare time. If you don't get an immediate answer, it's because none of us happens to be online at that moment - or maybe, that we don't know anything useful to tell you.

Dear all,

Greetings!

My husband and my current visas are still valid till Nov 2020 and my husband has been offerred another permanent job which is under the same role, same skill band and it is under skill shortage list. He is the main applicant for SMC. We have applied residency visa and lodgement date was 23/1/2020.

I would like to seek for advice, should we apply variation of conditions or should we apply a new essential work visa since we only have less than a year visa validity while waiting for the SMC RV. My concern is do we have to do medical check all over again when apply as our medical report and x Ray will be 36 months in NOV.

Another question is should we inform INZ about the job changes for SMC application after the new visa (variation changes of visa/ new essential work visa) is issued or should we inform INZ at the same time?

Besides, is the accredited employer needs to fill up INZ1113 as my husband is holding essential work visa at the moment instead of talent visa.

Your help is much appreciated, thank you very much

For an Essentials Skills Work Visa, and according to INZ themselves, you can only apply for a variation of conditions if either of the following scenarios are true:

• Your employer is changing, but his role and his location of employment remains the same; or
    • Your new position is on one of the Essential Skills in Demand Lists, and he meets the requirements of the list.

If none of the scenarios above apply to your situation, there is no choice but to apply for a new Work Visa.

Even if you are eligible for a variation of conditions, there's other factors to consider:

• A variation of conditions does not change the expiry date of your Work Visa, so you may want to consider how much longer your Work Visa is valid for and weigh that up against the current SMC processing times. Currently, 90% of applications are processed in 15 months, and it is currently argued that due to the prioritization of some applications and the way that INZ reports these statistics (they only count recent decisions), this is not a true reflection of the actual situation and true processing times are far longer.
    • You may meet the requirements of the Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa due to the new employer being an Accredited Employer, and this could provide a backup pathway to residency if the SMC application is declined. Note though, the minimum salary threshold for this Work Visa.
    • You will have to submit updated medicals with any new Work Visa application on account of your current medicals being over 36 months old (see A4.25). I've never heard of an updated medical being a requirement for a variation of conditions, and there's nothing in A4 that I can find that mentions this to be the case.

Finally, note that INZ states on the aforementioned knowledgebase question and answer: "You cannot start working in your new position until either the conditions of your work visa have been varied or you have been granted a new work visa. It is important that your work visa correctly reflects your employment details at all times."

With regards to updating INZ around the SMC application in progress, see R5.20.1. You must notify INZ in the event of a material change in circumstances that may affect the decision on the SMC application; not doing so can have severe consequences.

A completed INZ 1113 (Employer Supplementary Form), according to guidance on the form itself, must be submitted for:

(INZ 1113 was also required for new applications for an employer-assisted Post Study Work Visa, but this was replaced with a new Post-Study Work Visa on 26 November 2018 which allows employment with any employer, and hence does not have the requirement to submit INZ 1113.)

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Hi everyone,

I'm in a little bit of a similar boat, so I thought I'd ask it here. I've unfortunately not had a great experience with INZs call centre and getting accurate/consistent info, so I always check these forums!

I've had a Residency application in since 6 March 2019, my Work Visa is expiring on 11 April 2020. I'm not particularly confident (nor happy) with my current role, and I've got a job interview next week.

The Essential Skills Work Visa part is not an issue, but I am worried about my Residency application if I get the new role.

Would it cause an issue with my application if I do get the new role? I would be going from an ANZSCO code of Project Administrator to a Policy Advisor within the same (unaccredited) company, with higher remuneration.

Thank you for your help

One more question,

Will INZ change the lodgement date after being notified regarding change of employer?

JHadders, it's difficult to judge from those job titles whether there is overlap in the skills set/qualifications required in your particular case. What INZ would need to check out for your residence application is if the work experience and qualifications you have already proved and submitted for your present job will ALSO make your case for the new job. If not, you would have to prove different ones instead or as well. It's not a problem if this happens, but obviously, it can make processing take longer if they have to do extra work.

If you are offered the new job, check that the description of responsibilities is covered by your present visa before you start (the job title doesn't matter, as an employer can call a job whatever they like), or otherwise you would need to have a variation of conditions or a new work visa.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast