Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Changing job during SMC process

Sorry that was my mistake, thank you very much for your help.

Therefore which one should I choose when my husband submits the work visa application online? He is doing same role but different employer

I hold a temporary work visa and have a valid Skilled Migrant Category invitation to apply, for the role I am currently employed in.

or

My occupation is on one of the Essential Skills in Demand lists and I meet the work experience / qualifications specified on the list.

He meets long term skill shortage list requirements, I think LTSSL or Talent Visa (if meet the salary) is a better option?

Quote Originally Posted by esther917 View Post
    Sorry that was my mistake, thank you very much for your help.

Therefore which one should I choose when my husband submits the work visa application online? He is doing same role but different employer

I hold a temporary work visa and have a valid Skilled Migrant Category invitation to apply, for the role I am currently employed in.

or

My occupation is on one of the Essential Skills in Demand lists and I meet the work experience / qualifications specified on the list.

He meets long term skill shortage list requirements, I think LTSSL or Talent Visa (if meet the salary) is a better option?
    I can not, and will not, advise you on how to complete a Work Visa application, or which Work Visa is appropriate. I believe that my prior reply, and the links it contains to official INZ information, is sufficient for you to make an informed decision yourself.

If you want specific, tailored advice, you need to find a Licensed Immigration Advisor. I am not a LIA, and this is why I can assist you no further.

Understood.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have an different twist on a similar question. So I am currently waiting for my SMC but a senior job is available in our company that exceeds the $106k mark so is deemed highly skilled. I've thrown in an application because why not it's a lot more money, I can definitely do that job and work out the visa situation as it plays out. But can we modify the existing SMC application for this new job? Evidence wise all my evidence is valid for this position the only thing changing is the job itself but it it's moving from an anzco based skill level with above median wage to a renumeration based skill level at double median wage.

I'm guessing I can't modify it and would need an entire new SMC application which I obviously can't do without the EOI pool reopening, I may be able to get a variation on my ESV though as we are essential services. For double the salary and to get my SMC actually looked at us be willing to pay for the replacement application of needs be it's just the current minefield of regulations I'd have to navigate.

My alternative is if successful request my current position gets a sizeable pay rise temporarily to meet the criteria and once residency is approved I will formally accept the new job and responsibilities. To be clear that I would not be changing the job going this avenue until INZ issues the new visas but do feel I'm being forced to pay their system to get a promotion.

You certainly used to be able to request that the job you claimed points for skilled employment for be changed while awaiting a CO (back in my day at INZ, this used to happen relatively often and wasn't a problem, as long as the new job was still "skilled") - but let me check with INZ to see if this is still ok and not going to cause any major upset with your application these days.

Thanks Erin - that would be really helpful for me too!

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    You certainly used to be able to request that the job you claimed points for skilled employment for be changed while awaiting a CO (back in my day at INZ, this used to happen relatively often and wasn't a problem, as long as the new job was still "skilled") - but let me check with INZ to see if this is still ok and not going to cause any major upset with your application these days.
    That would be amazing, they said to me last year I absolutely couldn't change my job at all while it was all going on and I actually trust they won't lie to you like they seemingly do to me. If I do have to go through the new visa process I know who I'm contacting as an agent 😉

Ok, received confirmation from INZ (via the email address dedicated to answering LIA queries) that it is possible to change jobs before your SMC application is finalised - so yes, you can replace the job you applied with for skilled employment points, as long as the new job still meets all the requirements of SM6 (criteria for employment to be considered skilled). You can submit the new employment agreement, job description and a cover letter to INZ (just via the usual PO box, making it clear that you want the new docs matched up with your SMC application in the queue).

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Ok, received confirmation from INZ (via the email address dedicated to answering LIA queries) that it is possible to change jobs before your SMC application is finalised - so yes, you can replace the job you applied with for skilled employment points, as long as the new job still meets all the requirements of SM6 (criteria for employment to be considered skilled). You can submit the new employment agreement, job description and a cover letter to INZ (just via the usual PO box, making it clear that you want the new docs matched up with your SMC application in the queue).
    Thank you so much for checking that, it's positive news for us to know it's possible and the first positive news in a while, now I just need to land the better job to put it in place. I find it funny you can change it as the EOI was approved based on a certain skill, so I could change to a very different occupation as long as I tick the boxes, but hey I'll take it as the win it is for us.

Hi Erin,

Would it be worth it to wait 3 months, and then send in the application to be linked (To be free from Section 49 conditions), or are we obligated to let them know at the earliest? And be subject to Section 49 conditions for sure.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast