Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing job during SMC process

Default Changing job during SMC process

Hi good morning everyone
    I am here today with a new query..
    JandM and ChrisMwn, it would be highly appreciable if you guys can help me with this..
    As i have already applied my residency and got CO on 9th jan..
    Employer questionairre and all docs being done...
    My essential work visa expiring in april...
    CO told me to apply for new visa...as app will take longer..
    At present, i am getting a job offer from other place with far better remunerationa and position.. mor3over my new job desc will be exactly what described on Anzsco..
    So my query is,
    Can i change my job at present...?
    i ll have to apply for new work visa with all that stuff "nz'rs available or not"...is that correct...?
    How it will affect residency...?
    New questionnaire and all that stuff again with new employer...?
    When to inform CO about changing...before i apply new visa or after getting new visa and starting job...?

I hvnt accptd new job offer yet...cz i hv millions of questions in my mind..
    I really need answers from experts over here..
    Thanks in advance
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pinchu143 View Post
    Hi good morning everyone
    I am here today with a new query..
    JandM and ChrisMwn, it would be highly appreciable if you guys can help me with this..
    As i have already applied my residency and got CO on 9th jan..
    Employer questionairre and all docs being done...
    My essential work visa expiring in april...
    CO told me to apply for new visa...as app will take longer..
    At present, i am getting a job offer from other place with far better remunerationa and position.. mor3over my new job desc will be exactly what described on Anzsco..
    So my query is,
    i ll have to apply for new work visa with all that stuff "nz'rs available or not"...is that correct...?
    When to inform CO about changing...before i apply new visa or after getting new visa and starting job...?

I hvnt accptd new job offer yet...cz i hv millions of questions in my mind..
    I really need answers from experts over here..
    Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    Pinchu, sorry off the topic answering but just wanted to give you my personal opinion, which you may not like but what I would do if I was you is:

Since you are already allocated and answered the questions by employer month before and IF your employer is supporting you for residencey application, then how about Waiting little bit more and staying with the same employer ? Who knows your decision could be very near. I noted you been told the decision could take 20 week, bear in mind that it's not the fact but just a random guess. As I too recently allocated and was written on letter by co that decision could be made on 12 weeks but I know it's not true. If your present employer wants to support you, then you waited this long already and you are already on final stage.
    New employment means everything new, new visa new verification etc. Decision is all yours though. Goodluck

yes pinchu san well said
    now u just have to renew you workpermit like me.ur employer
    just have to fill supplementry form thats it .with in couple of days
    u will get your one year visa extended
    be little more patient.u will get approved soon fingr crossed
    good luck

Yes, the rules will allow that, and yes possibly, unless your new job is similar enough to the old one that you could get a variation of conditions on your present visa, which you would need to check with INZ. If you're definitely changing, and you talk to INZ about your period of notice for the old job, and start date for the new job, they can normally arrange the change of visa (or conditions) so it fits with what you need to do.
    As long as the new job is definitely skilled in line with the qualifications and work experience you have already submitted proof for with your ITA, the application for residence should be able to continue. As you suspect, INZ would need to check out everything with the new employer, though.

This would all mean that your whole Residence process would definitely be longer than it would otherwise have been. I'm just mentioning that because it's obvious from your old posts that you aren't enjoying the waiting. If you change, there will be MORE waiting, for these extra, necessary checks.
    As you like, really, but in your place, I would inform the CO when it's definite. S/He doesn't need to have to think about it unless and until it becomes reality.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, the rules will allow that, and yes possibly, unless your new job is similar enough to the old one that you could get a variation of conditions on your present visa, which you would need to check with INZ. If you're definitely changing, and you talk to INZ about your period of notice for the old job, and start date for the new job, they can normally arrange the change of visa (or conditions) so it fits with what you need to do.
    As long as the new job is definitely skilled in line with the qualifications and work experience you have already submitted proof for with your ITA, the application for residence should be able to continue. As you suspect, INZ would need to check out everything with the new employer, though.

This would all mean that your whole Residence process would definitely be longer than it would otherwise have been. I'm just mentioning that because it's obvious from your old posts that you aren't enjoying the waiting. If you change, there will be MORE waiting, for these extra, necessary checks.
    As you like, really, but in your place, I would inform the CO when it's definite. S/He doesn't need to have to think about it unless and until it becomes reality.
    How should we inform them if CO is not allocated.
    Also if the job description and the post name is different but the job is still related to my skills and study can we change job while application in process

You write in to the INZ office where you submitted your application, giving all your details, date of submission, and any reference numbers you may have been given.

It's difficult to give a definite answer to the other question - it would depend on the details. If you go outside the same ANZSCO classification, at some point it might be TOO different.

Hi everyone...
    Thankyou sooo much for a wonderful replies guys...
    Now i hv finally decided to stay in same job until i get my decision...
    "Sometimes ita good to loose better opputunities to gain something "

Anyways can someone help me with this...
    Can i apply for my essential skills visa renewal online or it has to be done paper app...?
    I got INZ1113 filled by employer..
    Got my same contract and job decription letter that i submitted last year and with smc app..
    And i hv written a cover letter that i already applied smc, so want to renew my visa..

Is that all good to lodge online...?

You write in to the INZ office where you submitted your application, giving all your details, date of submission, and any reference numbers you may have been given.

It's difficult to give a definite answer to the other question - it would depend on the details. If you go outside the same ANZSCO classification, at some point it might be TOO different.
    If the ANZCO is same but job title and work changes still we can do

Quote Originally Posted by skp1985 View Post
    If the ANZCO is same but job title and work changes still we can do
    The job title doesn't matter, because an employer can call a job anything he likes, that makes sense to him within his organization. INZ will be looking at the job description to see that it matches ANZSCO.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast