Thread: another resident visa while app in process

Default another resident visa while app in process

I applied for resident visa of third country after lodging my SMC visa to NZ. My NZ visa is still in process while my resident visa for the third country is approved. Now do I need to inform my NZ visa processing CO about that? Am i bound to as it doesnt fall in change of circumstances? does it affects the settlement interview phase?

Last question - I imagine it very well could affect the outcome of the interview. INZ are only likely to give residence to people intending to make a home in NZ, work there, and contribute to NZ society, all of which does not fit with having also made similar approaches to another country not their own.

Am i legally bound to share this info with the CO ? as getting a visa doesnt counts in change of circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by damicanee View Post
    Am i legally bound to share this info with the CO ? as getting a visa doesnt counts in change of circumstances
    In my opinion, the mere fact getting a visa for another countrymay not mean a change in circumstances, but a plan to, or taking up residence there, or a change of address certainly would.