Thread: New Rules for SMC

Default New Rules for SMC

Hi Friends,
    After me, now my sister is also trying to move to NZ but I heard there are few changes in SMC category criteria.

1. IELTS is mandate ...(She has scored 6.5 overall but in reading she got only 6. Is she still eligible?)
    2. one has to score 160 points or above (she makes 160 points if she claims points on me being resident of NZ. I got residency last yr and living here for past 7 months, can she claim points on me??)

if someone can clear these doubts for me it would be great. Thanks in advance
    Cheers

Here http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/41495.htm are the regulations about proof of English for a principal applicant. As you see, IELTS is no longer the only acceptable evidence - other tests are also accepted. However, with an average of 6.5 on IELTS, your sister has the required proof.

Here http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/30869.htm are the requirements for claiming points for a close family member.

Thanks JandM! she has got ITA. In her ITA letter, it says - She would require my certificate, Passport copy with Visa stamp/sticker and proof of living in NZ.

What do they mean by Certificate?
    Birth certificate?..or
    Degree Certificate?..or
    something else??

I am planning to provide - Passport copy + Tenancy agreement + a letter from IRD on this address + offer letter + bank statement. copies verified by JP . do I need to fill in some form as well?

Does it really say "certificate, passport copy"?

Are you sure it doesn't say "certified passport copy"?

What swearwolves suggested does sound more logical, Shrutive.

it says [ Original or certified copies of the family member's certificate, New Zealand Passport or foreign passport with New Zealand resident visa, and evidence that they reside in New Zealand]

Quote Originally Posted by Shrutive View Post
    1. IELTS is mandate ...(She has scored 6.5 overall but in reading she got only 6. Is she still eligible?
    is 6.5 Overall - it doesn't said in each band -

it says [ Original or certified copies of the family member's certificate, New Zealand Passport or foreign passport with New Zealand resident visa, and evidence that they reside in New Zealand]
    Then in that case, what you are planning to send should be just right. But you can send EITHER your actual passport, or a copy that you get certified by going to a JP.

My FIL Sent us his Citizenship certificate, this may be what they are referring to

Thanks JandM! she has got ITA. In her ITA letter, it says - She would require my certificate, Passport copy with Visa stamp/sticker and proof of living in NZ.

What do they mean by Certificate?
    Birth certificate?..or
    Degree Certificate?..or
    something else??

I am planning to provide - Passport copy + Tenancy agreement + a letter from IRD on this address + offer letter + bank statement. copies verified by JP . do I need to fill in some form as well?
    most likely a typo, and mean to read "birth certificate" ,(with parents names) so that the familial relationship can be confirmed.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 11th April 2017 at 06:19 AM.