Thread: EOI selected March 1st 2017

Default EOI selected March 1st 2017

Hi, please can anyone give me some information on Residents visa Skilled Migrant Category processing times. So have a permanent job offer, have 185 points and got selected in EOI on March 1st for myself, hubbie and 2 kids. Live in Ireland so NZ migration agent will be submitting to London office. I think that NZQA assessment won't be necessary as I have documents proving my education corresponds to NZ standards ( nursing degree).
    I understand ITA is next step. What then and when are we likely to get visa's?
    Any advice much appreciated, thank you. :

Please note here http://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/Nur...l-registration the necessary formalities before being able to work as a nurse in NZ.

Unless your qualification is on this list of qualifications exempt from assessment http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/35171.htm, you will need an IQA from NZQA. It's worth checking carefully, because if you submit your ITA without something that is needed, it will cause difficulties and delays, and maybe even rejection.

You send back the ITA, with evidence of everything you said about yourself. Then your Case Officer (CO) will take all the time it needs to check out everything you have sent in. (This can take months.) The CO will send to you for more information any time s/he finds it necessary.

When the CO gets to the point that everything seems to be true, if you don't have a job offer, s/he will set up an interview. In the interview, s/he will be judging whether you seem to be the kind of person who is employable in NZ, and if you could fit into NZ society. (There are many old threads on the forum giving you Interview Questions.) As a result of this interview, the result is one of three things - Approved in Principle for Residence, or a Job Search visa (deferred Residence) which gives the person a nine months visa to find a skilled job in NZ, or refusal.

But before the applicant is told the result, the case is checked over by a different official - there can be quite a long delay till this is done, partly depending on which office is dealing with your case.

At the moment, an application for Residence under SMC is taking about 12 months from submission of EOI to decision. Some people are lucky, and get an answer a bit sooner than that, but it's best not to count on that happening.

I think with a job offer it should be quicker than that,...but importantly if you have a Adviser working for you, whats their advice?

Thanks for the replies. I fortunately have a job offer. My advisor reckons that if we are very lucky it could be 3 months to get approval. I have a bachelors degree (hons) from a listed university on the link you sent JandM.... does this mean I won't require an IQA from NZQA?

Thanks,
    Catherine

If your bachelor's degree is mentioned alongside the university you went to, and the date you graduated comes within the dates mentioned in the last column, your qualification is exempt.

I would be truly amazed if you get a residence visa under SMC processed that quickly. Most people apply for a work visa alongside their residence application, so as to be able to get to NZ and start working within a reasonable time period for the employer who is waiting for them - temporary work visas are getting processed in 1 - 2 months at the moment.

Anyway, good luck.

I got mine in three months (already working in the job) so it's definitely possible - and I got thee impression that London is usually faster (mine was Auckland).