Thread: Partner of a New Zealander Resident Visa

Default Partner of a New Zealander Resident Visa

Hi guys,

I am a New Zealand citizen, and my husband (a Spanish citizen) is going to apply for the Partner of New Zealand Residence Visa. I have gone through the application and I have a couple of questions regarding the requirements:

- The checklist says we must include "current passports or certificates of identity" as well as "full birth certificates" for every person included in the application. Does this apply only to my husband or to me as well?
    - Do we need to submit the physical passports or are certified copies OK? We are currently living in Spain.
    - Does the birth certificate need to be translated? What about the passport?
    - Only my husband needs to provide the X-ray and medical certificate, right?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Noelia

It applies to him. You aren't applying - you're a NZer, and don't need a visa.

Re: orginals or copies - see what the guide says, and the application form itself. It should be on there somewhere.

Anything not in English needs to be translated. https://glossary.immigration.govt.nz...anslations.htm

Yes, only your husband. It's HIS application.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It applies to him. You aren't applying - you're a NZer, and don't need a visa.

Re: orginals or copies - see what the guide says, and the application form itself. It should be on there somewhere.

Anything not in English needs to be translated. https://glossary.immigration.govt.nz...anslations.htm

Yes, only your husband. It's HIS application.
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

Regarding the passport, if the application process takes more than 4 months, does he really need to send his passport now? Or will a certified copy be fine? Will the passport need to be translated too?

Quote Originally Posted by Genianoe View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

Regarding the passport, if the application process takes more than 4 months, does he really need to send his passport now? Or will a certified copy be fine?
    Certified copies are fine - though immigration are pretty quick with returning your documents. I'm NZ citizen and my husband is from the UK, we sent in our application for a partnership visa early Dec 16. We sent certified copies of our passports as we needed them for Christmas, but within the week of INZ (Manukau Branch) receiving our application we had all our other original certificates returned.