Thread: Advice on November beach areas

Question Advice on November beach areas

Hello,

My wife and I are considering a 10-12 day trip to NZ in either late September or early November. We want to make it a mix of relaxation and adventure/activities. On the relaxation side, I was hoping to get some feedback from others on the forum about which beach/resort areas are likely to be warm enough for some oceanfront lounging in the sun. Based on what I've read about NZ so far, September is likely to be a bit too chilly for that almost anywhere, but was curious about early November. Are there places that typically (we know weather is never guaranteed) will have enough sun/heat by that time that laying out in just a swimsuit is possible?

Thanks in advance for any advice/feedback,
    JRP

early November? Typically? No. You could get lucky with some warm beach weather, and everyone has their own comfort level, but in my personal opinion, beach weather doesn't start until mid December. Also the sea temperature doesn't warm up until January (if at all...)

If you look at this service https://www.wunderground.com/nz/auckland, you can alter the location to various others around NZ. Scroll down to 'History' near the bottom right, and you can check exactly what the weather was doing on individual days through the year, rather than talk generalities. As Oregonkiwi says, everyone has their personal comfort level, and it varies a lot with what you've been used to and where you come from.

March is the best month to travel NZ. Usually quiet weather. Less traffic due to the absent of school holiday. Water temp. is on its peak. Nights getting cooler though.