Thread: Partnership visa

Question Partnership visa

Hello people, I'd like to know if u could help me with this qustion. Anyway I know my husband 2 years and 2 months( he's a New Zealand citizen and I'm a Brazilian citizen), we are together for 1 year and 9 months but we only live together for 6 months, so I wanted to know if I could apply for Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa
    I met him on a exchange I did in New Zealand so I had to leave NZ so when I got back here I started save money to get back there but he came here first and we are living together for 6 months he got the permanent visa here in brazil cuz we are married.

We have some evidences as:

-Timeline written by myself
    -Photographs
    -Some receipts
    -Support letters from friends and family
    -Facebook status - public recognition of our relationship/comments on pictures together etc.
    -Text Messages dating back to the beginning of our relationship, and from then onwards
    -Contract showing our residence at my mother's house
    -The marriage certificated
    -Evidences that we spend leisure time together
    -Mail addressed to us at the same place and time
    -The reasons we were living apart
    -How long we were living apart
    -How we kept in touch while apart.

So is it enough? do u think I can get the visa? do I need something else?

Certainly you can apply for the visa you mention. We know from experience that INZ take applications seriously with around 2 -3 months' good evidence. Here https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...ership+proof&* are old threads with discussion and examples of proof people have used, so you can compare with what you have gathered. Tip: keep collecting during processing, because INZ commonly ask for more evidence just before issuing a visa. Also, keep copies of what you have sent in, which can be useful if a CO says, 'You haven't proved x,' and you can reply, 'Yes, I did, and it's a blue A5 sheet with (whatever) on it.' Also, some of this same evidence may be useful for the 12 months' proof required for Residence in due course.

Ohh thank you for that, it helped me lots I'll do what u told me to, I have another question. I know I have to apply while we are living together but what if he goes back to New Zealand before I get the answear about if it was accepted or not.

In that case, keep a record of why he needs to go (so INZ can't think that you're splitting up), and also of how you keep in touch while you are apart, e.g. telephone and social media records, maybe both of you using a joint bank account if you have one, or each of you buying for your joint use (e.g. for your future home), possibly him sending you details of where you might live, etc. etc..

hey stefany , i was wondering how your application gone so far ? i am also in brazil living with my nz wife . how are you and have you applied? i live in sp