Thread: What if I quit under an employer tided work visa?

Arrow What if I quit under an employer tided work visa?

If the work visa is tied to a specified employer, and the employee quit from the company.
    What would happen in conerns of the time allow to stay in NZ.

Would he/she be asked to leave soon? If not, what clause would apply to them?

Thank you.
    Regards,

Variation Of conditions

Don't do it at least until you have something else sorted out and a new visa approved

The visa comes to an end when the employee leaves the named employment. This means they are no longer covered by a valid visa, expected to leave as quickly as possible, and liable for deportation if they don't. Someone in that position cannot apply for any other visa from within NZ in the normal way, but would have to ask to have issue of a visa considered under Section 61, which has NO guarantee of success. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ection-61-visa I agree with what squowse said.

not true, tere would be at least one and a half month allow to stay in NZ. if you have a new offer, one can apply for variation visa.

That first statement needs a link to some official source. Where does it say on the INZ website that anyone can stay in NZ for one and a half months with no visa?

if you have a new offer, one can apply for variation visa
    .While you are on a valid visa, you can apply for a variation of conditions, if you meet the regulations. But as I said above and linked to the regulation, a person may not apply in the normal way if their visa has expired. And INZ does not have to grant another visa if they ask for it under Section 61.