Thread: (ICT related)What if my current job position is not perfectly matched with my qualification?

Default (ICT related)What if my current job position is not perfectly matched with my qualification?

Hi, guys!

I am currently working as an ICT Quality Assurance engineer in an software company outside Auckland, and I have signed a permanent contract with my employer. However, My educational qualification is a Level 7 ICT networking graduate diploma.

There are 7 courses in my GD program, 4 of them are directly related to my current job (mobile technology, ICT management, graduate project, cloud computing), and 2 are indirectly related to my current job (network, Linux), and only one course is not related to my job (Active Directory)

My concern is that, is my educational qualification match my current job? If not, what should I do if I want to use my current job to apply for residency?

Thanks a million!
    Last edited by tilatemisi; 8th March 2017 at 08:23 AM.

Hey Buddy!

I can just share my friend's experience who did diploma in graphic designing and multimedia something however he was working in ICT level 1 in MNC.
    He file Residency and CO asked clarification on Educated and JD part so HR of MNC replied on his behalf that how his education is relevant to our job.
    If your 4 subjects are matching I think its good enough..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ted View Post
    Hey Buddy!

I can just share my friend's experience who did diploma in graphic designing and multimedia something however he was working in ICT level 1 in MNC.
    He file Residency and CO asked clarification on Educated and JD part so HR of MNC replied on his behalf that how his education is relevant to our job.
    If your 4 subjects are matching I think its good enough..
    Thank you so much, mate!
    Your words help me get out of panic!

Welcome buddy... I just collect information to help people and share experiences..
    I agree we get panic, be focused on your present...but CO always ask for explanation and you need to explain them clearly.