Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Character concerns of SMC Application

Default Character concerns of SMC Application

I received an email from CO. She said:

==================================
    We have completed an initial assessment of your application and note that it appears you and your partner may not meet the character requirements for a residence class visa (unless granted a character waiver).

The provision in New Zealand immigration instructions A5.25 that appears to affect you and your partner is A5.25.(i) in the course of applying for a New Zealand (or a permit under the Immigration Act 1987), has made any statement or provided any information, evidence or submission that was false, misleading or forged, or withheld material information.

In this residence application, you have provided a number of evidential information to support your relationship with your partner, that is genuine and stable. Our records also show that your partner was interviewed by Border Immigration Officer upon her arrival in New Zealand. After the interview, she was granted a visitor visa at the border for three months.

Based on an assessment for the information currently held on file in relation to your partnership, for the following reasons, it appears that you and your partner may fall under A5.25. (i) because you made statement or provided information that was false, misleading or withheld material information at the time of your partner’s approval of a visitor visa and/or in this residence application.
    =================================

What should we do right now? I know it's a difficult question.
    Should we hire a lawyer? Should we grant the character waiver?

First thing you (your partner) should do is go back to the case officer and ask for a copy of notes of interview at the Border. She is entitled to that information under the Privacy Act and she is entitled to correct any information held.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 8th March 2017 at 01:56 PM.

what was misleading? did she not disclose relation with you at airport interview when visitor visa was granted?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    First thing you (your partner) should do is go back to the case officer and ask for a copy of notes of interview at the Border. She is entitled to that information under the Privacy Act and she is entitled to correct any information held.
    CO sent the transcript of interview to me.

You are probably on a deadline to respond. make another post and then PM system will come into play. I can them PM you.

You are probably on a deadline to respond. make another post and then PM system will come into play. I can them PM you.
    Where should I post? thanks for your reply.

You need to have made 5 posts on this forum , then about 30 minutes later PM system will become available. 1 more required here.

You need to have made 5 posts on this forum , then about 30 minutes later PM system will become available. 1 more required here.
    I see. Although I've been following this website for a long time, this is my first post, and it's bad post.

Of course you are anxious. But here you have somebody standing by to help you. There is nothing bad about that. Concentrate on what needs to be done to sort out the situation. People have had worse things happen than this.

Hi all,
    My lawyer has already submitted a bunch of documents and letter to my CO.
    My lawyer try to help us granted a character waiver. I'd like to know our CO will make the decision alone or with other senior colleagues?
    I have this question because we are concerned that this CO may has bias on us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast