Thread: Student 's Partner

Question Student 's Partner

Hi , first of all thank you very much for giving information regarding visa process . My name is Shiyana from Sri lanka , currently i'm living with my husband He is studying in Christchurch ( Under Student Visa HRM Level 7 ) , New Zealand . My question is , first i apply for partnership visitor visa to New Zealand immigration , Mumbai , India Branch and they told me i need to fulfill the living together criteria . However , they gave me a visitor visa (under general category ) for 9 months to fulfill the living together criteria and re apply for partnership visitor visa again. I came to Christchurch in 15th October 2016 , i almost completed 4 months living together criteria.

I collect the evidence such as ,

Joint House Tenancy agreement
    Wedding invitation and new year greeting cards from our friends in Sri lanka and Russia (both names on same address)
    Official letters
    Medical records mention our home address
    Emails ( from fitness club and property manager mention our both name and same address )
    Photos
    Joint bank accounts (bank deduct our house rental and monthly wifi bill from it ) ,
    He pay electricity bill from his current account and i pay both our gym fees from my current account
    Whats app chat , skype screen shot , line chat , letters , poems wrote by him (my husband arrive New Zealand on july 2016 , and i was came mid of october because of he granted student visa earlier than mine . We have to living apart for 3 months )
    Some bank statement shows i send money to him for his expenses while he apart
    Grocery bills ( we paid from joint accounts and our current accounts since last 3 months)
    House hold item bills ( we purchase rice cooker , grinder )
    Gym membership
    Christchurch city library membership

In addition , me and my husband we both are sponsored by our parents we already submit all the financial documents to Mumbai branch . My visitor visa will expire on July 2017 , as a partner of student visa holder . do i need to collect more evidence ? do i need to show financial details again when i'm applying for partnership visitor visa ?

i'm planing to merge the photo and make it like a wedding story book and attached all the necessary documents to it such as , wifi bills , tenancy agreements , pay pal receipts , is that acceptable ?

do my evidence enough for living apart criteria ?

do i need to post my documents to Auckland immigration or handover to Christchurch immigration , which one is better ?

my visitor visa expire july 2017 so when do i need to submit my visa application ?

Is it good to do all the process by lawyer or my self ? do i have any risk doing it by my self ?

thank you for taking the time to read my thread , i would be so appreciated if anyone can advice me to the above questions please

Shiyana

If you understand the instructions on the forms and on the website, you don't need to pay a lawyer.

Don't make a book. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...019#post503019

If you have a copy of the financial evidence, you can put it in this time as well, or you can just say, 'Evidence is with Mumbai office with (give all the details of the other application) case.' It should be accessible to the CO this time through the INZ computer system.

With evidence for this long, you can realistically submit your application.

You need to keep collecting evidence. INZ commonly ask for more evidence to cover the time of processing, just before they issue a visa. You need to keep collecting after that, because you may need to ask for future visas, depending on how your husband's plans work out.

JandM Thank you very much for your clarification and advice , now i'm clear about the process . Can you please tell me where i need to submit my documents ? Christchurch or Auckland Immigration ?

JandM thank you so much for your help .this forum is really helpful for people . I have one last question and i will be really appreciated if you can advice me on this.

My husband studying in graduate diploma in human resource management level 7 so which type of shortage list is this belongs to?being student's partner under this student visa category am i eligible to apply partnership work visa ?

Here http://skillshortages.immigration.go...rtage-list.pdf is the Long Term Skill Shortage List. Your husband is best placed to know what career the content of his course is likely to lead towards. If he can make a convincing case for its being one of the jobs on the list, that would help you be eligible for the partner of a student visa.

Thank you very much for your kind information