Thread: Share any experience regard iterim visa

Default Share any experience regard iterim visa

Hello all
    The other day I phoned through to IMNZ to ask about iterim visa.
    We are applying for work visa based on partnership.My partner is currently on student visa. When spoke to a immigration officer gave him our application number etc . He said interim visa are auto generated and are given out 11 days before current visa expires and we will get an email to confirm. I wasn't too confident with his response he kept putting me on hold everytime I ask a question. My partners current visa expires 17 March. We are worried it will expire before we hear anything about our application. Has anyone been in this situation please let us know is there anything to what we have been told about the 11 day notification.

Interim visas are auto generated, but the emails aren't, so you don't necessarily get the notifying email before your expiry date. An LIA who posts on these threads says he has often had clients who didn't hear about their interim visa till about 10 days AFTER the old visa expired.

I think you have a better reason to trust the telephone answerer because he put you on hold. It sounds as though, when he wasn't sure himself, he was consulting someone with more knowledge.

Thank you Jandm we are just a bit nervous. Trying to some confirmation before expiry date of current visa . Just trying to my head around how it all works. Application, All paperwork and Passport in the hands of INZ with current visa about to expire, its a scary feeling.

Everyone gets anxious. It sounds as though you have done everything you should and could at this stage.