Thread: IQA taking way too long

Default IQA taking way too long

Hi,

My gf submitted her IQA application in November and when I check the status now it's in Allocation stage since 21st of November. When I sent an email to NZQA I just got something that looked like a standard reply that during Christmas period applications may take longer. And that's it. is it normal that for over 2 months it is still at the same stage of the assessment?

Quite normal, particularly if you didn't pay an urgent fee.

In addition to Christmas break, NZQA offices in Wellington were also effected by the November earthquake , with staff away from the building for a period.

I'm in the same situation here. Application in Allocation stage since 30th of November. I guess all we can do is wait and it will come eventually

I am in the same position. My ITA needs to be submitted by start of April and I am wondering how this will affect my application, obviously I will submit the email I got from NZQA stating that I have submitted my qualifications to them for assessing but I am unsure if this will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by T90jlm View Post
    I am in the same position. My ITA needs to be submitted by start of April and I am wondering how this will affect my application, obviously I will submit the email I got from NZQA stating that I have submitted my qualifications to them for assessing but I am unsure if this will be ok.
    It will be ok. I did the same. I lodged my IQA application in November and lodged my ITA in late January including the email from NZQA (in the email it says that you can include it in your application). And yesterday my IQA got finalised and I should receive it really soon. All in all, it took around 3.5 months to get my IQA.

Great thanks for the info

Hey Guys,

I submitted my IQA on the 5 december and called today to enquire as its been now 43 working days.

All I have been told is to just wait and that I am lucky that my application is being processed as they are still trying to 'clear the backlog' from december applications. I guess this is normal for the standard processing fee you pay.

However, I am due to submit my SMC application soon as this is the only evidence that I still need so wondering whether I should submit without it. Very frustrating this is holding me back...

L

See post #5 above.