Thread: Are we entitled to apply/hold multiple visas?

Default Are we entitled to apply/hold multiple visas?

Hello all,

I've done a quick search but got the results weren't what I was looking for. I am wondering if I can apply for a WHV when it opens later this year, and say it got approved, then try to apply for a SMC visa next year? Anyone has done this before or is it just not allowed?

Yes, it's perfectly normal to apply for one visa while holding another. If things worked out as you hope, then the WHV would be superseded once the residence visa was issued, so you wouldn't end up holding more than one visa.

Last edited by Akash2; 11th March 2017 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, it's perfectly normal to apply for one visa while holding another. If things worked out as you hope, then the WHV would be superseded once the residence visa was issued, so you wouldn't end up holding more than one visa.
    Thank you so much! I was thinking of actually applying for WHV this year, then try for a residency-like visa next year (hopefully). It may even be a Silver Fern Job Search Work Visa, but that opens late 2017 too... So, is it still applicable in this case if my WHV is still pending and I apply for Silver Fern Job Search Work Visa at the same time?

Yes.

Thank you for your help!