Hi guys,

I would like to apply for a student visa and one of the requirements is to have sufficient funds for the course and any other living expenses.
I do have enough funds but most of the money is in my german savings account.
My question is do I need to get the bank statement officially translated before I can attach it to my application ?
Its really just about the amount of money and that the account is in my name, so Im thinking that a translation might be unneccessary ? Translations are quite expensive so I would only get one done if I really have to do so.

I was also wondering if I need a NZ bank account in order to be granted a student visa ? I wont arrive in NZ any time before the visa is granted so i dont have a possibility to open up an account there. I do have an australian bank account and my german bank account. I could imagine that its easier to access my australian account in NZ or maybe i could even open a second account with my australian bank in NZ to make the money transfer easier ? (Im with westpac and i have seen that westpac is also operating in NZ) Does anyone have experience with this ?

I would muchly appreciate your help !!!