Thread: Passports when submitting ITA

Default Passports when submitting ITA

I am wondering if you have to send your passports when you originally submit your ITA they have asked for them but can it just be scans to start with then could send them down to verify and get visa added in if successful?

I really hate the thought of being stuck here without a passport for months during summer especially when still waiting to hear back from NZQA with assessment etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi. We sent our passports originals through and we received them back within a couple of days(10) to South Africa from London, they don't keep them for the duration

You can specifically ask for your passports to be returned asap when they have seen them as part of the initial stages of processing, though I think it likely that they normally return them as a routine thing.

They have now had our passports for months. I was hoping to see them again soon, when I emailed to ask my case officer he never responded but has responded to other things about my qualifications

Odd. You can ask again, if you need them.

I was told a week ago that our file had gone to get its 2nd check because our CO had made his descision. He said around 2-3 weeks so I will just hang fire and hope they arrive back with the rest of our docs and haven't gone missing.

Quote Originally Posted by T90jlm View Post
    I was told a week ago that our file had gone to get its 2nd check because our CO had made his descision. He said around 2-3 weeks so I will just hang fire and hope they arrive back with the rest of our docs and haven't gone missing.
    are they perhaps holding them, so that you don't have to send them when AIP is given?
    Recent changes to instructions mean that original passport don't initially need to be spent with applications for residence .

New regulations for non-mandatory passports
    A13.1 The form in which documents must be submitted
    R2.40 Mandatory requirements for lodging an application for a residence class visa
    RV1.10 Lodging an application
    E3.10 Currency of visas
    E3.26 Varying the conditions of temporary entry class visas
    E4.50 Requirements for lodging an application for a temporary entry class visa
    L6.1 Limited visas for some refugee or protection status claimants, refugees or protected
    people
    Immigration instructions are amended to align with new regulations that will come into force
    on 8 May 2017 allowing visa applicants to supply a certified copy of a passport or certificate
    of identity in place of an original.

Thank you for your reply ChrisMwn, I am not sure he never came back to me about returning them. I got the letter saying we were approved in principal as long as i sent in original certificates (which are just back from NZQA) and original references from my husbands previous employers. It will be two weeks on Tuesday since they received them according to the royal mail recorded delivery. Any idea on how long for passports to come back? I may have got a bit ahead of myself and when girls in the office said they were going for a spa weekend to Spain and booked my spot - really need to see my passport in the next 3 weeks....

Hi ChrisMwn while my application was with second person check my CO asked us if she can keep my passport with my residence visa application she had mentioned so it wouldn't need to be resent back to INZ after residence visa approval.. I had to sent my passport for my current work visa label correction. Wonder if its a positive sign as the case officer asked for passport while it was still with second person check.